Chapter 16

Chapter 16

After Rosalie had finished she left me to 'take in what she had told me'. Her words not mine. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Why can't I just have my normal life back?

It was then that I heard a commotion outside followed by an inhuman roar. I headed out onto the balcony to see Nico attempting to heard the Cullen's and Bella inside and away from something. "What is it?" I shouted to Nico who glanced up upon hearing me shout.

"I don't know." He shouted back probably forgetting the fact that he didn't need to shout. It took me just seconds to press my charms on my bracelet to form two daggers which were slotted in my belt, a bow and arrows slung across my belt and a sword which also hung from my belt to my left. As soon as I had my weapons I sped down the stairs and straight out of the door ignoring the commotion from the Cullen's and Bella who were wondering what on earth was going on. Well, apart from Rosalie who had some idea of what was happening.

A monster attack.

I joined Nico who was near to the edge of the forest watching inside for any signs of movement. "It's gone into the forest." Nico mumbled when I reached him. I nodded in reply to signal I had heard him and drew my sword. I began to listen into the sounds coming from the forest. Everything seemed normal but occasionally there was a slight sound of commotion almost to faint to here. The only problem? It kept changing where it was.

I don't even mean by a few metres. I mean one second it's at one end of the forest and the next it's near the other end kind of changing. "What is this thing? One minute it's at one end of the forest and the next it's at the other. It's almost as if it can teleport." I whispered.

"Maybe it can. It wouldn't be the strangest thing that's happened lately." Nico whispered back.

"I'm hoping I'm not right." I muttered under my breath not really sure wether I was muttering to myself or to Nico but he heard anyway and nodded slightly. My eyes flickered over to the left of the forest as I heard it appear again. "It's getting closer." I told Nico tightening my grasp on my sword slightly.

"I'm beginning to wish it would just get here already." Nico whispered back. As he said it there was a whirl of smoke and a faint popping sound behind us.

"I think you just got your wish." I said normally turning to face whatever it was.

The creature was strange and like nothing I had ever seen or heard about before. It was like a fairy tale dragon with wings and claws that could probably slice you to pieces with ease but it looked like some sort of black lion. A bit like a black lion but with all the features of a fairy tale dragon would probably explain it better.

It's red eyes were fixated on Nico and I as it let out a roar which slightly shook the ground beneath our feet. This thing was huge. Like almost as big as the Cullen house huge.

"Any chance this is a dream?" I asked as the monster took a step forward. It was the type of step that a wolf would take towards a cornered sheep with no where to run. Boy did I wish I was that sheep right now.

"No not really." Nico replied as it took another step and began to hunch it's back legs as if about to pounce.

Then it did.

It began to leap through the air only to disappear in mid air and a faint pop could be heard right behind us. I spun around slashing out with my sword only to create a shallow cut on the beasts nose. It reeled back slightly in confusion as if it hadn't expected to get injured or hadn't expected my speed. I couldn't be sure.

It let out another roar and began to bound towards us. Neither Nico or I moved until it was almost right on top of us. I went to the right and Nico to left. As it continued running trying to slow down and turn I grabbed onto the front of on of it's out stretched wings. It felt the weight change and began to try and shake me off flapping it's oddly furry wing about madly.