Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"You want to send a dyslexic newborn vampire with ADHD and a human who also has dyslexia and ADHD to school with five other teenage vampires and another human?" I asked Carlisle in disbelief.

"Basically yes." Carlisle replied calmly.

"Is it just me that thinks this is a really bad idea?" I asked partially to myself and partially to the others in the room.

"No it's not just you." Nico said from the chair beside mine. On the plus side Nico didn't fall down the stairs, or out of a tree. He wasn't attacked by monsters or any rabid squirrels. Yes, I asked.

"It's a better idea then having two dyslexic and ADHD teenagers here all day with just Esme around." Carlisle commented. I sighed reluctantly before nodding.

"Don't expect me to do the homework though." I warned him and Emmett cheered from his seat.

"Two more for the Cullen table." He shouted causing Esme to glare at him.

"Emmett don't shout." She told him sternly.

"Yes mum." He said like a little kid causing me to stifle a laugh. This family is so weird but it's kind of comforting in a strange way.

-------------•------------•--------------

It was about an hour after the family meeting had finished and I was out in the woods again. I swear if there wasn't a woods in Forks I would go insane. Nico had decided to come with me to find the white wolf/wolves. It wasn't just me that wanted to know what in the name of Hades was going on lately. I was listening for any signs of movement not that I could hear anything other than birds in the trees and rabbits.

"How are you coping with all of this?" I asked Nico breaking the silence.

"All of what?" Nico asked me sounding slightly confused. A bit like a confused puppy.

"The whole vampire thing." I replied and he considered it for a moment before shrugging.

"Vampires aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I thought they were all mindless killers. Monsters. Though it doesn't seem that way after meeting you and the Cullen's. You all seem pretty much human. Nothing like I expected." Nico said.

"We are monsters. Once we give ourselves into the hunt we are pretty much mindless killers. We can hardly control ourselves. Heck, I want to kill you. I want to kill. Wether I'm human, vampire, Demi-god or even a Fury wanting to kill makes you a monster."

"In a way it's like humans killing animals for food. They pretty much do it to survive unless they're a vegetarian. A bit like the Cullen's drinking animal blood. Animals are killed by humans, humans are killed by vampires. It's like a food cycle. Humans have to have something that hunts them to prevent too much overpopulation."

"You don't seem particularly bothered by the fact I want to kill you." I noted and he shrugged.

"Lots of things have wanted to kill me in the past plus the fact that pretty much everyone I care about other than my half-sister Hazel is dead." He replied.

"You honestly don't seem to realise that I can kill you before you can even blink." I sighed. "Also, Hannah and Abby were the only people I knew. They're both dead. I have no-one. That doesn't mean I won't have people in the future. It doesn't mean you won't have people in the future." I told him.

"People don't want to get to know the Son of Hades. They're either scared of me or hate me because of my father. I hardly go to Camp Half-blood because despite having helped saved the world twice I'm still an outcast."