Chapter 11

AN: hey if my writing seems a little different to normal here it's because I've been watching danisnotonfire all day. (blame my friend)

Chapter 11

My sword clashed against Nico's as he (finally) successfully blocked my attack. "Finally." I exclaimed jokingly.

"Haha." Nico said sarcastically. On that note I moved my sword away from his and swung it around to be pointed at his neck. He stepped back and to the side slightly like I told him to, making my job slightly harder. Nico easily blocked my next strike and stepped sideways making me have to step sideways as well as I struck out again. This time he only just moved his sword to block the attack directed at his sword arm which easily gave me the opportunity to disarm him and point my sword just above his heart.

"Not bad for an hours work." I said turning my sword back into my heart ring.

"Thanks." Nico muttered knowing I would hear anyway.

"No problem." I replied just loud enough for him to hear. By this point Nico had turned and picked his sword up turning it back into his skull ring. "We should probably head back and see if any of the Cullen's are back." I commented and Nico nodded silently in response.

We began to head back towards the Cullen house in comfortable silence when a figure came into view. Both mine and Nico's steps simultaneously faltered for a split second before returning to normal. I didn't even notice but subconsciously I drifted closer to Nico whether for reassurance or to protect him I'm not sure.

As we got closer to the figure I could see that they were wearing a crimson red dress which fell elegantly to the floor with a slight pool of fabric behind them, which, despite being in the forest was in perfect condition. The rest of the woman was harder to explain. She kept changing slightly each time becoming more beautiful than the last. The aura of power which was coming from her confirmed what I suspected. Aphrodite, goddess of beauty and love. But, what was she doing here? In Forks?

"Lady Aphrodite." I said respectfully once Nico and I reached her. Her ichor (blood basically) had no scent and for that I was grateful. Nico just nodded his head in, seemingly, forced respect.

"Arabelle, I need to discuss a matter with you." Aphrodite said and out of the corner of my eye I saw Nico give her a look which said 'hello I am here you know its nice of you to ignore me even if I don't particularly like you'. Yeah.... That was a long look name.

"What is it you wish to discuss?" I asked the goddess as politely as I could. I don't fancy being a pile of ash.

"It's something I would rather discuss privately." Aphrodite said pointedly looking at Nico who held his hands up.

"All right I get the message. I'll go."

"I'll catch up with you." I told him a little reluctant for what I'm not sure. Nico nodded to me before turning and walking off.

"Now, what I wish to discuss with you." Aphrodite said snatching my gaze away from Nico now he was out of earshot and towards her. Aphrodite waved her hand slightly and a table and two chairs appeared. She sat down in one and gestured for me to take the other. I didn't really want to be a pile of ash so I sat down in the seat opposite her.

"Your father, Artemis and I have decided that in the future not being able to go out in the sun will become a very big problem for you so we somehow managed to get Zeus to allow you to have this." Aphrodite told me and lay her hand out with a heart charm on. The heart charm looked to be made of imperial gold with a tiny red ruby in the middle. I gently picked the charm up off Aphrodite's hand and clipped it onto my charm bracelet.

"Thank you Lady Aphrodite but what exactly does it do?" I asked and she smiled. The kind of mischievous smile which would get men flocking towards her.

"You see the little ruby?" She asked. I nodded. "If you press that you'll still be a vampire but your body will turn human. Blood will run through your veins, your heart will beat, skin will become penetrable and if cut you will bleed. Most importantly though you won't sparkle in the sun." She told me and a small smile found its way onto my face.

"Thank you Lady Aphrodite."

"No problem dear. Anyway I must return to Olympus now. Just under two hours ago a crack appeared and slowly faded but Zeus is in a right state trying to figure out what caused it." She sighed. The look in her eyes suggested she already knew but was keeping it hidden adding to everything I feel I need to figure out.

Aphrodite then looked in the direction of the house and an excited expression filled her flawless face. "I ship it you know." She said and I frowned in confusion.

"Ship what?" I asked politely.

"Currently my second favourite couple and your not even together. I'm beginning to wonder if your going to end up topping Percabeth." She said this time sighing before disappearing. Well... That added another thing onto the list of things I need to figure out.

I frowned looking at the spot where the chairs and tables once lay before turning and shooting off to where Nico was still a little way off the Cullen household.

"What did Aphrodite want?" Nico asked me after a few seconds of walking in silence.

"She gave me a charm for my bracelet. If I press the little ruby my body becomes like a humans meaning I can go out into the sun with turning into a living disco ball." I told him and he nodded. At this point we broke through the trees and headed to the front door.

I could already tell that all of the Cullen's were inside along with Bella. I guess this means I can apologise to Edward. Almost apprehensively I opened the door and headed in before Nico. I followed the sweet scent of vampire until I reached the living room where everyone was.

"I want to apologise Edward, I should have kept better control of my thoughts." I apologised as soon as I entered the room with Nico coming in behind me perhaps a little tense. I guess that means he did hear the fight outside his door then.

"Arabelle it's not your fault I should have had better control over myself especially since it was only through your thoughts that well..." He trailed off and I gave him a half smile.

"Your eyes." Esme then commented looking at my eyes.

"Should I dare ask?"

"I do never seen eyes go so dark without a mature vampire, never mind a newborn, pouncing on the next thing they see with blood running through its veins." She told me.

"In that case." Alice said practically skipping up to me. "We are going hunting, then shopping." She finished and took my wrist in her hand dragging me out of the house. For such a small vampire she is quite strong, let me tell you that now.

Once we reached the edge of the forest I cast a look back and Alice noticed rolling her eyes.

"Come on Nico will be fine for a few hours. It's probably more dangerous if you stay there with him being a singer to you." She told me and I nodded after a second and followed the little pixie into the trees. As we lost view of the house we both ran, streaking through the forest at speeds not even the Bullet Train could hope to match. Due to that it only took us around twenty seconds to get far enough away from the house so I couldn't smell Nico out here.

It was then that I caught the scent of a mountain lion. Male by the smell of it and I finally allowed the blood lust and instinct to take over.

Let's just say that the mountain lion never stood a chance.

AN: just as a heads up the next chapter is the shopping trip with Alice. May add something unexpected in there if I can think of anything but we'll just have to see.