Chapter 32

Just wondering, why does everyone always seem to want Arabelle to go all vampire on people and monsters. I do too but still... XD

Oh my gods. This story is now the most popular thing I have ever written. Thank you everyone.

I really should give you guys some sort of nickname. What do you think?

Chapter 32

A minute passed then all at once they attacked.

As they ran towards us we spread out slightly. Just enough so that we wouldn't accidentally injure each other while trying to fight off the hellhounds. That would just make the hellhounds job easier.

As the first one reached me I twisted to the side and lashed out with my sword cutting it's side. Immediately I had to swing my sword again to cut the face of another hellhound that tried to sink it's teeth into my leg. The hellhound stumbled back slightly giving me chance to strike forward and stab it. It dissolved into dust but as soon as one was down another one took it's place.

The scent of blood hit my nose as I began to fight off another hellhound causing me to let out a low growl. I could literally feel my eyes get darker than they already were. I snapped my head over in the direction of Nico and could see a thin trail of blood dripping down from a fairly deep scratch mark on his arm. Not deep enough to be serious but definitely deep enough to annoy me.

A huge weight barrelled into me from the side while I was distracted sending my sword clattering to the side and for me to be pinned underneath a hellhound. The hellhound went to try and bite me. Acting out of instinct I kicked upwards into the hellhounds stomach a lot harder than would seem natural considering the fact that the huge creature was completely pushed back off me but nobody seemed to notice.

Reaching out to grab my sword my fingers clasped around as the hellhound tried to charge at me again. I stabbed it and rolled to the side so not to completely be covered in monster dust. Taking a second to glance around I noticed that there was a single hellhound stood off to the side of the fight. It looked as if it was just watching. As if it had no care for wether we lived or died.

'Hello little Olympus.' I heard a voice say as the hellhound turned to face me. After a split second of thought I walked closer to it. It's not every day you meet a formal sounding monster.

"What are you doing here?" I asked it my gaze not leaving it's eyes. If I looked away it would show submission. Looking into it's eyes shows challenge.

'Unlike the rest of my... Friends, I'm not here to attack. Just observe.'

"Observe what?"

'You. A lot of people want you dead little Olympus and information on you can be very valuable if you know the right people. It can even keep you alive and protected.'

"Why the attack then?" I asked it picking up on the fact that none of the hellhounds seemed to be trying to kill. Just put us all in danger, almost to test us.

'To observe you. Look for your weaknesses. Find out if there's something not right about you like some others expect. It seems they're right little Olympus. Even you must know that it's not normal to be able to push a hellhound off like that. As for your weaknesses, there seems to be one main one and I'm sure you know what, or should I say who, i'm talking about.'

"Leave." I told it allowing my hands to basically have a layer of light around them that rippled like flames. I couldn't exactly kill it because there's a possibility that if I did e hellhounds would manage to kill someone in revenge. It would be quite easy if they all grouped together to try and kill one person.

'We aren't the only ones little Olympus. Remember that.' It replied before letting out a low howl and running off into the streets. All of the remaining hellhounds turned and ran after it. I hesitated for a few seconds after they had gone, processing what the hellhound had told me in my mind.

I had expected that people would want me dead, I mean the Olympians had a lot of enemies and destroying part of Olympus would definitely be good revenge for them but what I don't understand is how all of these people can know about me when only a few gods and goddesses know.

Shaking my head to dismiss my thoughts I walked over to where the other demi-gods and huntresses were.

"What was that?" I heard Annabeth ask. "Monsters don't just turn tail and leave."
"Maybe they realised they couldn't beat us?" Percy suggested to his girlfriend who shook her head.

"I don't think so, none of them looked scared even as they left. It was almost as if they were ordered to leave." Thalia commented.

"But it doesn't make any sense. Both Kronos and Gaia are gone. There's no one left who would order monsters to attack then retreat." Annabeth replied.

"We should probably head back to camp and think about it there in case they decide to come back with reinforcements." Piper spoke up.

"Let's go then." Annabeth agreed. All of us began to head back down the streets we had walked down to get here. Heading back in the direction of camp.

As I was about to follow the rest of the group Nico took hold of my wrist to stop me. I frowned in confusion towards him but he just waited a few seconds before releasing the grip and beginning to follow the rest. Looking at the distance between us and them I noticed that if we talked they wouldn't be able to hear us. That makes sense now.

"What happened?" Nico asked me as I began walking by him.

"Nothing." I lied. I was reluctant to tell him that the reason that he and some of the others got hurt was because of me. That I was reason they were all put in danger.
"Arabelle, something obviously happened and you know what, I can tell." He told me. I sighed softly to myself.

"It was my fault that the attack happened. If I wasn't there then nobody would have got hurt. There was a hellhound at the edge of the fight. It was watching to see how I would react, what's different about me and my weaknesses. I sort of threatened it and got it to leave and take the other hellhounds with it." I briefly told him.

"Your leaving something out." Nico said after a second of taking the information in.
"It said that they weren't the only ones and that they were there to relay information back to people. People who would probably want to kill me." I reluctantly said quietly since the others had slowed down slightly no doubt wanting us to catch up.

"Your eyes have gone dark again." Nico commented. He probably noticed that I didn't want to talk about the hellhounds at all anymore.

"You got injured."