Chapter 36

Chapter 36

I headed down the stairs with the bag of nine daggers and Nico following beside me. I noticed Adrian and Hope awkwardly talking to the three wolves and headed over to them. "You ready to start training?" I asked Adrian, Hope and Nico. Yes we had only just got here but it's not like vampires are easy to fight or even easy to stand up against for more than a few seconds. The Volturi wouldn't wait around if they wanted to attack.

"Sure." Hope replied while Adrian nodded.

"Can we tag along and watch?" Not Jacob wolf asked sounding quite curious and also sort of excited. The girl elbowed him in the ribs but it didn't seem to bother him at all.

"Er... Ok I guess." I answered shrugging slightly. It's not like I had a good reason as to why they couldn't come. It's not like there particularly is one. "So long as your not too loud."

"Ok."

"Not to sound rude but what are your names?" I asked them as the seven of us headed out of the Cullen house. The girl looked as if she just didn't want to be around me. Probably because I'm a vampire and Jacob probably wanted to spend time with Renesmee. Not Jacob just seemed to want to watch us fight with daggers.

"Jacob." The one I already knew was Jacob said. He seemed as if he was the pack leader. Probably was based on how the other two always seem to look to him.

"Seth." Not Jacob said.

"Leah." The girl introduced a lot less enthusiastically and cheerfully than the other two.

"Arabelle." I said. They may know my name already but I feel less rude this way.

"Adrian." Adrian introduced next probably deciding that since they all introduced themselves that we should do the same.

"Hope." She said slightly shyly. It's not that she's that shy a person. It's most likely to be the fact that they're what people at camp would class as monsters and that's made her weary and slightly scared around them. The people you spend time around and their views do tend to alter your own.

"Nico." He added last similarly to Leah. Less enthusiastically and cheerfully than the rest of us.

Thankfully we reached the clearing where I used to practise with Nico just as we finished introducing ourselves. At least this means no more awkward conversations where the wolves are trying to pick up clues as to what Nico, Hope and Adrian are and what I once was. I guess I still am a demi-god actually but I'm also a vampire now.

"So, how do these daggers work?" Adrian asked me as I set the bag down near the edge of the clearing and took out four of the nine daggers.

"Don't touch." I told the wolves motioning to my bag before turning back to Adrian, Hope and Nico to answer Adrian's question. "Just like normal daggers. They're just a lot stronger and my venom means that they can penetrate vampire's skin." I replied absentmindedly twirling the dagger again. I really need to stop doing that.

I passed a dagger to Hope, Nico and Adrian before going back to twirling my own. "You've all used daggers before so it's mainly just a matter of brining up your speed, endurance and starting to learn more about how vampires will think and how they will try and take you down." I said still twirling my own blade.

The main reason I don't use knives is the fact that I hate knife to knife combat. It's too hard to fight properly because of the size of the blades and hand to hand combat has never really been my area of expertise. However I know enough to be able to help the three of them get faster and be able to last longer so that if they can't take down the vampire then someone will probably be able to get over to them and help tear the vampire apart.