Chapter 33

Chapter 33

1 and a half months later

"Arabelle, Arabelle!" Hope called as she ran towards me. Turning my sword back into its ring I turned to face her. "Chiron wants to see you, he said for you to meet him at the camp borders.

"Thanks Hope. I'll see you after lunch archery." I replied to her before hugging her. After around ten seconds I pulled back from the hug and waved goodbye to her before jogging towards the borders of camp.

Why would Chiron even want me there? What was going on now? I guess I can assume it's not good. When is it ever good?

When I reached the camp border to say I was surprised would be a bit of an understatement. "Alice, Jasper?" I asked in confusion glancing between the two of them and Chiron.

"Good, you do know them. I was a bit worried when two vampires came looking for you even if they are vegetarians like you." Chiron said to me. Again I was shocked. I shouldn't really be surprised that he knew but he showed no signs of knowing. "I noticed as soon as you arrived and as soon as you left I contacted your father who explained everything." He must have noticed my confusion but then again everyone seems to notice my confusion.

"You didn't tell Dionysus did you?" I asked him slightly worried. Although Dionysus doesn't like his father, Zeus, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't rat me out to try and reduce his sentence here.

"No I didn't."

"Thank you Chiron." I told him gratefully and he nodded his head once.

"I'll leave you three to talk." He said before trotting back into camp. Back to the Big House no doubt. Flickering my gaze back from Chiron to Alice and Jasper I stepped out from the border of camp allowing Alice to hug me.

"Not that I didn't miss you or anything but why are you to here?" I asked the two of them as Alice released me. There had to be some reason that they were here. You don't just come and find a monster proof camp that's invisible to mortals for no reason.

Especially when it's pretty much on the other side of the country.

"The Volturi are after us. At Bella and Edward's honeymoon Bella managed to get pregnant with a half human, half vampire hybrid. It's a very long story which involves Bella having to drink human blood to keep both herself and the baby alive but eventually Renesmee was born and Bella became a vampire." Alice told me briefly summarising the story.

"Why does that mean that the Volturi is coming after us?" I asked her confused and surprised. It's not everyday you hear about a human vampire hybrid being born, especially when everyone thought it wasn't possible.

"Irina, from the Denali coven thought that Renesmee is an immortal child and went to Volturi. Immortal children are against our laws. They're unpredictable and almost impossible to train and control. They would give away the secret of our existence within days. We're trying to gain enough witnesses to prove to the Volturi that she isn't immortal and that no crime has been committed." Alice said. I watched her as she spoke and frowned slightly.

"If the Volturi's after us then why aren't you heading back?" I asked her and she looked at me shocked as if she hadn't expected me to figure it out so quickly. Jasper looked wildly shocked as if he had expected me to figure it out fairly quickly but not for a while yet.

"There's something we have to do." Jasper replied, him being the first to recover from the momentary shock.

"It could help to save all our lives." Alice added.

"Go then." I told her. "I'll make my way to Forks. I have something I need to quickly do first anyway."

"Stay safe Arabelle." Alice said hugging me again.

"You too." I replied and shook hands with Jasper. We didn't really talk that much. There was a second where we all just sort of stood there then Alice and Jasper turned and disappeared as a blur. Well, what would be a blur to the human eye. I stood there looking into the forest where they had left for a few seconds before turning and jogging back to the Apollo cabin.

Heading inside I headed over to my bedside table and grabbed a bag from underneath before carefully packing some ambrosia and nectar because you never know when you'll need it. Looking through my draw I also grabbed some drachma's and a few special knives I had made by the Hephaestus cabin. None of them knew what it was really but they were still willing to make them.

Daggers made with vampire venom in the metal meaning they can injure vampires. I'm presuming they can kill them as well but that I didn't test on myself. I'd also had my sword melted down and reformed with my own venom just like the knives. You can never really be too careful after all.

"Where are you going?" I heard Adrian ask me and I mentally cursed inside my head. I wanted to tell him I was leaving but at the same time I really didn't. I didn't really want protective brother mode even if he doesn't know the truth.

"I'm heading back to my hometown for a week to see if I can track my mother down." I lied. He probably knew it wasn't true because of my hate for my mother but it was all that my brain would think of.

"So you wouldn't mind if I tagged along then." Adrian said. It was obvious he knew I was lying.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder before turning to face my half brother again. "It's something I would rather do on my own." I replied causally as I walked out of the cabin.

"So you wouldn't mind if I told Nico that you were leaving then I guess. Not if you have nothing hide." He replied and my eyes widened ever so slightly in panic giving him all he needed to know. "Nico!" He shouted to Nico who was walking past. Nico looked over to where we were and his gaze flickered the bag on my back. Confused he made his way over. Why Adrian? Just why? I wanted to keep him out of this.

"Adrian don't." I warned him but of course he didn't listen.

"Nico, did you know that Arabelle is leaving?" Adrian asked him and I just sort of looked at the floor. I didn't want to see his reaction.

"Your leaving?" Another voice asked. I lifted my head to see Hope. They all looked hurt that I hadn't told any of them what was going on. I was trying to protect them all though. Adrian and Hope from knowing about vampires and that I was one of them. Nico from the possibility of fighting in a war against vampire royalty. A war that would probably get him killed.

"Yes I'm leaving. I'll be back in a week though. There's something I need to do." I told them wishing that they would just let me go and accept that I can't tell them. But of course that will never happen.

"But you said you'd be here to do archery with me after lunch." Hope said. I felt guilty. Guilty for leaving. Guilty for not telling them why. Guilty for not telling them where I was going.

"I know Hope but something's come up and I really have to go." I replied apologetically wishing that I could be in two places at once. So I could stay here and help the Cullen's.
Nico was the only one who hadn't said anything but he was the one that made me feel the most guilty. He probably shouldn't but he did. He looked as if he thought that I no longer trusted him.

"I'm really sorry but I really do have to go. I wouldn't go if I didn't need to." I told the three of them before letting light consume me and transport me to Forks.

Of course they just had to follow.