Chapter 24

Picture is Kat

Chapter 24

"Where were you yesterday?" Adrian asked when I sat down.

"Canada." I answered and he gave me a disbelieving look.

"Canada?"

"Yep Canada."

"Canada?" He asked again and I nodded. "What were you doing in Canada?"

"In Forks we stayed with a family. They're cousins live in Canada." I told him shrugging. I guess it works as a cover story as Adrian seemed to accept it.

"You training today since you haven't at all since you got here?" Adrian asked me and I nodded.

"Sure, why not? I'll meet you in the arena in five?" I asked Adrian in return.

"See you there sis." He told me before I headed out of the mess hall and began to make my way back to the Apollo cabin. The journey there was uneventful and since there was nobody in the cabin I grabbed my bracelet and left again.

"Arabelle." I heard someone shout. I paused and turned to see my sister with her friend Kat.

"Hey Hope, hey Kat." I shouted back to them as they made their way over.

"Where are you going?" Hope asked me curiously.

"Down to the arena. I said I would meet Adrian there since I haven't trained since I got here." I told the two.

"Can I come with you?" Hope asked looking hopeful.

"Sure." I agreed after a second of consideration. I don't see why Adrian would particularly mind. The three of us began to make our way down to the arena mainly in silence since none of us really knew what to say to each other. When we reached the arena I looked around noticing how it looked exactly the same as when I was last here except with more people now.

"Arabelle." I heard Adrian shout and I made my way over to the sound of his voice which thankfully wasn't too hard to follow. As I was about to speak I caught the scent of Nico's blood and frowned looking around the area until I caught sight of him over the other end of the room. Almost as if he could sense my gaze he turned around and his gaze landed on me. I just stood there for a second before giving Nico a faint smile and turning back to Adrian, Hope and Kat. Quite freakily, the three were all smirking at me.

"Do you guys realise how freaky that is?" I asked them and they dropped the smirks almost reluctantly. "Anyway I thought we were training."

"We were going to but you got distracted." Hope told me.

"I was not distracted." I denied.

"You were distracted." Hope argued sticking her tongue out at me.

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"All right you two shut up." Adrian interrupted us while Kat just laughed at the two of us. I rolled my eyes and pressed down on the inside heart of my ring causing my sword to grow in my hand. Adrian smirked faintly and drew his sword out of the scabbard attached to his hip. I swung my sword around in a loose arc familiarising myself with the weight of my blade. "You ready?" Adrian asked me and I nodded.

The two of us began to pretty much circle each other both assessing the other for weaknesses. Eventually Adrian struck first and I easily blocked the blow before striking out at the top of his sword arm and nicking it slightly. I didn't want too hurt my brother too much. His eyes widened in shock slightly as I drew back. It seems he wasn't expecting me to be able to hurt him so quickly. Adrian frowned slightly as he swung out again. My blade clashed against his and I swung upwards bringing Adrian's up with me before using his momentary defenselessness (Is that even a real word?) to cut him again on the other arm this time.