Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Be ready to leave at 10pm and make sure your dressed up for Halloween.

(There's clothes in your draw)

I drowned in confusion at the letter but nether the less briefly memorised it and tore it up into tiny pieces. It was only when I headed over to my draw that I noticed that most people looked as if they were getting ready to go somewhere or meet someone. Probably because it's Halloween.

I pulled open my draw and frowned looking at the clothes on top as I reluctantly pulled them out of the draw. Why do I get the feeling that this came from the Aphrodite cabin?

-----------•--------------•-------------

I sighed fiddling with the black dress when I had finished getting ready. "Where are you going?" I heard Adrian ask me as he headed over to me.

"I don't know. I take it your going somewhere special." I said gesturing to his fairly smart outfit.

"I'm heading out with a girl from the Hecate cabin." Adrian mumbled his ears and cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Why wasn't I told about this?" I asked pretend glaring at him.

"Why wasn't I told about you going out somewhere?"

"Because I didn't know."

"Well I didn't- wait, no I did know. Ignore that." Adrian told me and I laughed.

"Adrian it's for you!" A voice called from the door. I feel bad for the persons who was allocated answering the door. I secretly followed Adrian to the door to see him awkwardly greet the girl who must be from the Hecate cabin. She had dark brown, almost black, hair and purple eyes. She seems nice.

There were a few more people who were called, then, at exactly ten I was shouted for. I headed to the door to see Nico and Thalia waiting for me. The first thing I noticed was that Nico had some form of cape attached to him no doubt meaning to be a vampire and he didn't seem very pleased about it.

The second thing I noticed was that there were no harpies what so ever. Chiron probably called them off knowing that most of the campers would try and sneak out in groups tonight wether they were there or not. There would just be less casualties if they weren't there.

"You ready to go?" Thalia asked me altering the black and silver witches hat on her head in slight annoyance. Not at the outfit but at the hat for not staying still on her head I guess.

"I guess." I replied shrugging causing my realistic fake wings to move up and down slightly as I did so. Thalia turned and began jogging away from the cabins and in the direction of her pine tree. I briefly glanced down and glared at the stupid heels on my feet that Thalia typically didn't have to wear.

"What did the shoes ever do to you?" Nico asked me snapping me out of my glaring match with the heels.

"It's not what they've done, it's what they're going to end up doing." I answered before allowing a mischievous smile to make its way onto my face. "Nice vampire costume. Very realistic."

"It wasn't my idea, I had no say."

"And you think I did?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"If you decided on yours then I'm a son of Iris." Nico replied. A second later his eyes widened slightly. "I think we were meant to follow Thalia."

"Styx!" I cursed realising Nico was right. I'm way too easily distracted.

"Edge of the tree line?" Nico questioned and I nodded in reply. At first I was going to travel by light but at the last second changed my mind and ran into the shadows. Darkness overwhelmed me for only a matter of seconds despite the fact that it felt much longer, then I stumbled out of the shadows and into Nico. Somehow I managed to knock the two of us over. I blame the heels but at least I'm not in Canada.

"Sorry." I apologised to Nico as stood up and offered me his hand. I would have got up quicker if I wasn't a bit dazed from the shadow travel.

I took Nico's hand and allowed him to help pull me up. Perhaps he misjudged my weight or misjudged his own strength but the next thing I know I'm having to place my hands on his chest to stop myself from crashing into him and my face is literally about nine centimetres from his. I could literally see the six very faint freckles on his nose/cheeks. Slightly wide eyed I flickered my gaze to meet his. The two of us seemed frozen in shock then his face seemed to be getting gradually closer to mine. My mind went blank but hundreds of thoughts began to run through it at the same time. Our noses were millimetres from touching.

"Nico, Arabelle." I heard Thalia shout making the two of us jump and snap back into reality. My mind began to clear allowing thoughts to flow back through it not that they particularly made much sense at the moment.

Thalia came running into view and stopped when she saw us. "Come on you two, we're waiting for you." She said. Slowly, I nodded forcing my brain to process what she had said and awkwardly glanced across at Nico before jogging after Thalia.

-------------•---------------•------------

By the time we reached Thalia's pine tree I had come to a conclusion. I was hallucinating or something. Can vampires even hallucinate? Yeah... A very vivid hallucination. So vivid in fact that I could even faintly feel his breathing on my face. Yep... hallucination.

At Thalia's pine tree there was a group of around thirteen people. Some of which I recognised. Annabeth, Percy, Hazel, Travis and Connor Stoll but that was about it. I recognised most of the others apart from the three girls who were obviously hunters. I hadn't seen them before.

"The blonde is my half brother Jason and the brunette next to him is Piper. The red haired girl and brunette boy to the left of them are Calypso and Leo. The twins are Travis and Connor Stoll. The blonde girl and brunette boy are Percy and Annabeth which you probably already know. The boy next to Hazel is Frank. The two other blonde girls are Sara and Amanda and the dark haired girl is Rebecca." Thalia told me, telling me who everyone was even though she knew I would already know who some of them are. No doubt it was easier to say them all than figure out who I knew the names of and who I didn't.

"Thanks." I muttered back to Thalia who shrugged.

"No problem."

"What are we even doing?"

"We, are going trick or treating." She said 100% seriously.

"12 demi-gods and 4 hunters of Artemis are sneaking out to go trick or treating?" I asked in slight disbelief and Thalia nodded.

"It makes us feel like normal teenagers for a few hours, something we all really need once in a while."

AN: hey guys. Sorry it's short but I've only just got internet back I wanted to update for you guys as soon as possible. Yes. This does mean that halloween will continue onto the next chapter.... Again.

But... They almost kissed!!!!!!!!!! And no it wasn't a hallucination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I shouldn't have had so much sugar