Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I woke up to someone shaking me not too gently. "I'm up, I'm up." I told Adrian as I gradually sat up.

"What you singing?" Adrian asked me again and I sighed.

"I don't know." I said yet again. Since I'm an Apollo camper everyone decided that I have to sing at the Camp fire tonight. I had absolutely no choice in this matter and since I've never sung in front of anyone in my life I could be terrible for all I know. I really don't like singing which is strange with Apollo being my dad and all. Ok I'm rambling now.

"Ok, ok. Just hurry up and get dressed. Your working with death kid on something top secret today aren't you?" Adrian told me hinting at the fact that he wanted to know.

"He has a name you know. Now get out so I can get dressed." I ordered Adrian who held up his hands.

"I'm going." He said backing out of the room. It seems all the other girls have already left. I sighed and grabbed some clothes out of my bag and quickly changed into them before heading into the bathroom to brush my hair, teeth and do everything else I usually do. I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear about that.

Once I was done I jogged out of the Apollo cabin and to the pavilion where Adrian waved me over when he caught sight of me. "Finally." He complained glancing down at the non-existent watch on his wrist.

"I was six minutes." I told him and he shrugged.

"Six minutes is a long time." He defended himself. I raised my eyebrow at him and took a sip of my strawberry milkshake. I think I'm growing addicted to these things. "You not going to eat?" He then asked noticing my empty plate.

"No, I don't feel so good." I lied. The truth is I really didn't want to eat the bareable food I don't even need and I'm nervous. Yes, I'm nervous. I was spending the entire day starting to learn how to used the powers I had gained from being blessed by Hades. That means spending the entire day with Nico since I'm pretty sure Hazel doesn't like me very much. Usually, when someone glares at you they don't like you.

"Ok." Adrian shrugged seeming as if he could tell that I wasn't telling the truth but deciding not to push it.

"Arabelle." I heard Hope's voice call and I looked up to see her heading towards me.

"Hey Hope." I greeted her and hugged her when she reached the table. She hugged me back before going to join the Hermes table.

"Sister?" Adrian questioned.

"No she's my cousin." I replied finishing off my drink. "Anyway I'm going to get going see you later." I told Adrian who waved goodbye since his mouth was crammed full of food. Boys...

I stood up and began to make my way over to the Hades cabin when thankfully I spotted Nico heading my way. I didn't really want a run in with his sister. "Hey." I greeted Nico when he stopped next to me.

"Hey." He replied.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked since I didn't really know.

"There's a clearing north-east of here in the woods." Nico suggested and I nodded quickly glancing around to make sure there was nobody about. There wasn't.

"I'll meet you there." I told him before shooting off into the woods after a mountain lion I smelt a few minutes before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the clearing by tracking Nico's scent meaning even though I hunted I still got there only a few seconds after him. "Hunting?" He questioned and I gave him a confused look. "You have..." He trailed off pointing to the left corner of his mouth. I licked my thumb and rubbed the corner of my mouth.