Chapter 29

I'm so sorry that this took so long but my internet was down for almost a week and I've had so much science work to do that my brain literally hurts from chemistry.

One more thing. I want to thank everyone for the support that you have been giving me throughout the book since I haven't really told you all how much it means to me.

Chapter 29

Halloween. Should I say that I have been excited and worried about this day? Since it was Halloween we were allowed to get up whenever we wanted meaning I didn't get up till lunch. Based on the amount of people slowly traipsing into the pavilion I think most people had the same idea.

"Arabelle can I talk to you?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up to see Nico's sister Hazel.

"Sure." I muttered standing up from the Apollo cabin and following her to just outside the Pavilion.

"I just wanted to apologise for how I was to you when you arrived at camp with Nico." She told me sounding sort of embarrassed as she remembered how she reacted to me.

"It's fine Hazel." I told her. Hazel just shook her head.

"It's not. I judged you as just another girl who wanted to try and use Nico to get close to me and the rest of the seven, to try and become popular. If I'm honest at first I thought you were a daughter of Aphrodite that was just waiting to hurt him. I became defensive and protective and lashed out at you. I've seen how the two of you react around each other though now. I just need to apologise for that."

"I'd do the same thing if it was my cousin Hope and I was in your position so I understand why you did it. I practically raised Hope so I'm really protective over her." I replied giving her a faint smile which she returned.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be in a three with Nico and I tonight for...well I'm not allowed to tell you about Halloween?" Hazel asked.

"I would have thought you'd go with your boyfriend." I said confused.

"He's gone with Piper and Jason." She answered and I shrugged.

"Ok then."

"I'll see you later then."

"See you later then." I replied before the two of us headed back into the pavilion and to our respective tables.

"What did Nico's sister want?" Adrian asked me when I sat down. When did he even get here? He wasn't here when I arrived.

"To apologise."

"Wait, I thought you said to apologise then."

"I did."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

---------•---------•--------•---------

"Ok Campers." Chiron shouted causing the huge crowd of Demi-gods, including myself, to go silent. "I'm sure most of you know the rules by now but for those who don't and those who need reminding I'm going to briefly go through them before starting.

You can only work in groups of three. Any more or less than three and you will be disqualified immediately for safety reasons. As most of you know the Camp borders are going to be taken down for exactly forty five minutes giving monsters that the gods have selected chance to get into camp. All the monsters have a piece of cloth with a symbol attached to them which you will be able to collect from the dust when you kill the monster.

Each group has their own flare so if anything goes wrong you can signal for help and someone will come and help you immediately. The group with the most pieces of cloth at the end wins." Chiron explained briefly. This is certainly different to anything I expected especially since the sun was almost completely set already casting shadows everywhere.