Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Renesmee reminded me so much of Hope when she was younger. Just how she acts. It was perhaps 10 minutes later when Nico came down the stairs and headed over to us. I caught his gaze for a second before looking away again. "Uncle Nico!" Renesmee called skipping over to him. It was safe to say Nico looked just as shocked as I probably did when I heard her call me Aunty Arabelle... That really makes me feel old actually.

She reached up and placed her hand on his cheek. Nico flinched back slightly from the contact but didn't push her away as she showed him some of her memories. When she withdrew Nico shook her head in response to something she must have shown him. Renesmee nodded her head in return.

Nico shook his.

Renesmee nodded.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

This continued for a while. It didn't take long for me to start laughing. Nico arguing with a six year is quite an entertaining sight. Renesmee paused to give him a look which showed she didn't believe him before she pretty much ran back over to me and placed her hand on my cheek.

She showed me Nico and I looking at each other as he came down the stairs then showed me Edward and Bella, then Alice and Jasper, then Rosalie and Emmett and finally Esme and Carlisle.

At least being a vampire meant that I couldn't blush. How is she so intelligent for being perhaps a month old? Yet again I'm glad that being a vampire means no blushing. It's quite helpful actually.

"No." I denied picking up on her point.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

Now I'm the one arguing with an almost one month old, six year old looking child. Edward chuckled slightly from the where he stood with Bella probably having heard all of Renesmee thoughts and what the three of us were all arguing about while everyone else was confused. Assuming that Renesme showed Nico the same thing as me. She probably did.

The reason I was denying it to her was the fact that she would probably show Nico what I had said and I didn't want him to know. I wanted him to... I don't know how to put it. Not be tied down to a vampire I guess.

"Yay, the mutts are coming back." Rosalie said sarcastically as the scent of wet dog hit my nose. I crinkled my nose up in disgust briefly before turning to Rosalie.

"Mutts?"

"Shifters that take the form of a wolf." She relied to me. I just nodded. I probably should have expected something like this to exist. Is anything even fictional anymore? I don't think I'd be that surprised if a mermaid suddenly appeared at the moment. Actually I probably would because we're nowhere near water...

A few seconds later three people entered the house looking fairly relieved. "Jacob's back, Jacob's back." Renesmee exclaimed happily. She ran over to him, took his wrist before dragging over to the group of remaining Cullen's including Nico and I. The other two shifters followed.

"Sam's pack had agreed to help." Jacob said to Edward and Bella before crouching down to let Renesmee hug him properly. Based on how both Bella and Edward glared at him ever so slightly, probably without realising, I'm guessing that they are sort of the werewolf soul mate equivalent. Bella and Edward are probably just overprotective. Wouldn't you if your child was technically only almost a month old.

"Do you think they'll meet us tomorrow?" Edward asked the Jacob guy who shrugged.

"Probably. It's not like they have any reason not to now." Jacob replied.

At that point Adrian and Hope came down the stairs and hurried over in mine and Nico's direction. They still seemed rather nervous which was to be expected.

"Arabelle, will your friends be staying or heading back to your... Camp?" Carlisle asked me and I shrugged.

"It appears that they don't particularly listen to me." I replied.

"You wouldn't have listened if it was the other way around." Hope told me.

"I would... Ok, I probably wouldn't." I agreed. Perhaps it was a good idea after all that I brought the knives. There's next to no chance that they'll decide to go back.

"I'm not leaving." Nico said. I wasn't surprised.

"You've always been there to protect me, what sort of cousin would I be if I left when people you care about need help?" Hope asked rhetorically.

"If those two get to stay there's no way I'm leaving sis." Adrian added.

"I'll train them." I told Carlisle. "I had some daggers made. Let's just say they can penetrate vampires skin."

"How's that even possible?" Carlisle asked.

"Well, I figured that vampires teeth can penetrate other vampires skin because of their venom so I had some daggers melted down and reformed with my venom in the metal. They work." I replied shrugging.

"Vampires have venom?" Adrian asked.

"Yep."

"Wait, you three are human." Not Jacob werewolf boy stated.

"Sort of." Adrian shrugged.

"Sort of?" Jacob asked sounding confused.

"Sort of." Hope confirmed.

"What does sort of mean?" The girl werewolf asked.

"Sort of." Adrian answered. Well, Hope and Adrian were fitting in better than I would have thought and this is way too many sort of's for one day.

"I take it you were a sort of human before you became a vampire then?" The Jacob one asked me.

"Yep." I replied. "Anyway... I'm going to go and find the daggers. I think I left them in Nico's room." I added awkwardly. They probably think I'm some sort of weirdo now for carrying around a bunch of vampire venom daggers. Oh well.

"I'll go with you." Nico told me quietly. I nodded and turned to head upstairs with Nico walking beside me. "How did you even get the daggers made?" Nico asked me. He must know that the Hephaestus cabin made them.

"I just said that it was a new substance that I wanted to try and test out. They were curious as to if it would work even if they didn't know what it was and agreed." I replied pushing the door open and heading inside. Heading over to the desk where I had left my bag i pulled out one of the daggers and passed it to Nico. "Worked out perfectly fine as far as I can see."

Nico took the blade and briefly looked it over. "It looks completely normal." Nico commented and I nodded.

"I know. I didn't really expect them to look so normal but they work." I answered picking up another one of the daggers and gently running it for around three centimetres over the palm of my hand.

Where the dagger went a crack like cut appeared on my hand. Obviously no blood came from the cut but it did sting. Not too badly but enough to be irritable. Since it was my own venom the cut healed in a few seconds leaving no sign of a scar.

"Since it's my own venom it heals a lot quicker and is a lot less painful. It would be a lot worse on other vampires as it's not their own venom." I said absentmindedly twirling the blade in my hand. "Well, that's my theory anyway and so far it's worked out."

"Let's hope it does work out then."