Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I hugged Alice, Rosalie, Bella, Emmett (because he insisted), Esme and Carlisle and shook Jasper and Edward's hand.

"You two promise you'll come back and visit sometime." Esme told me swooping in to hug me again.

"I promise Esme." I told her and she nodded before releasing me. "I'm going to go and hunt now. I should be back when Nico's ready." I said to her pressing the charm on my bracelet which got rid of the human glamour.

----------------•------------------•------------

"You ready to go?" I asked Nico as I headed back into the Cullen's house for the last time, in a while at least.

"Yeah." Nico replied as I picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"Arabelle, Nico." I heard Esme's voice call as she headed into the room carrying two little boxes. "We wanted to give you these. We were going to give you them earlier but they weren't ready then and well now everyone's at school and Carlisle's at work but we still want you two to have them." Esme told us both handing each of us a box. I frowned but opened it.

Inside was a silver bracelet with a crest attached in the middle. "It's the Cullen crest." Esme explained. "You two are a part of this family now."

I smiled at Esme and hugged her. "Thank you." I told her quietly before pulling back and sliding the bracelet onto my left wrist.

"Thank you Esme." Nico said to her sliding his bracelet onto his wrist. His was similar to mine but where my chain was silver his was made of fake leather.

"You two should probably get going. It's a long journey." Esme said and I nodded.

"Tell everyone we said thank you." I told her before heading out of the door with Nico. This was going to be a long journey.

----------------•---------------•----------------

I sighed as I stepped over another branch. We had been walking for hours though both towns and forests.

"We're about five minutes away from the next town." I told Nico who nodded and wiped the hair out of his eyes. The journey so far hand been pretty uneventful apart from when Nico cut his arm on a tree branch.

I swear I have never met someone so accident prone in my life.

"It's going to get dark soon." Nico commented glancing up at the sky.

"I know. There's a hotel near the edge of the town." I replied and Nico frowned.

"How do you know that?" He asked confused.

"There's some people at the edge of the woods talking about it." I shrugged. Nico smiled slightly and shook his head in amusement. "What?"

"It's just amazing how far you can hear."

"Trust me it's not that amazing. You don't want to know what the couple 8 minutes north west are doing." I told him. He glanced across at me and we both laughed. "Seriously though, you don't want to know."

Just like I said five minutes later we got out of the woods and into a fairly big town. Well, it was the biggest we had come across so far. "Your sparkling slightly." Nico muttered to me once we were out of the shadows of the buildings. I glanced up at the sky and cursed under my breath before putting my jacket hood up.

"Better?" I asked and Nico nodded.

"Better."

"Come on then, there's a cafe two streets down that serves food."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Ok, confession time. I was going to write the whole chapter on the journey there but I've been stuck on the same part for almost a week now so I've deleted it back to this point and I'm going to skip to getting to camp. Sorry if anyone wanted the journey but I just couldn't seem to get past one point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK TO STORY...

Once the entrance to Camp Half-Blood came into view I found myself pausing. It still looked exactly as it had when I was last here, years ago. Even Thalia's tree was still there but of course now it had The Golden Fleece hanging in it's branches and a dragon curled around the base staring at the two of us curiously. "You ready to go back?" Nico asked me. I hadn't even noticed that he stopped next to me.

"I guess so." I replied after a second of hesitation.

Nico and I began to head towards Camp, me following slightly behind him, a bit reluctant to return knowing it would bring back memories of Abby and Hannah. As soon as we stepped through the borders of Camp I could hear shouts of 'Nico's back' being shouted throughout Camp, gradually getting quieter as the news spread deeper in. I sighed looking around at how little had changed.

"This should be interesting." Nico commented quietly.

"Why?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I may or may not have had no contact with anyone at Camp since the day I met you. The last anyone saw of me I was practically bleeding to death." He replied and I smirked slightly upon spotting a group of people running towards where we were but still slightly too far away for Nico's eyes to see.

"How would you feel if I told you there's a group of people running this way looking relieved but also murderous right now." I asked him casually.

"Styx." Nico cursed under his breath as they came within his vision range. After a few seconds of staring at the small he group and turned to run. I laughed until I realised they weren't slowing down to go past me, then I turned and ran catching up with Nico fairly easily without making my speed seem too inhuman. Even with my human charm on I still have my vampire speed.

"They're fast." I shouted to Nico over the top of the yells from the people catching up to us.

"I know." He shouted back before grabbing a hold of my arm and running into a the shadow of a tree. A brief sensation of darkness overtook seemingly all of my senses and the next thing I knew I was in the branch of a tree watching a confused group of people pull to a stop and start looking around below.

"That was strange." I whispered to Nico who was sat right next to me in the branch since there wasn't much room.

"Sorry. I just kind of like living." Nico whispered back quietly.

"I've dragged you into worse." I shrugged glancing back down at the people below. It was a good job I had fed earlier, practically all my senses were screaming 'Nico' and I don't just think it was bloodlust talking.

"True you did drag me to school." He agreed.

"I'm never going back to that place, it was worse than the underworld."

"You've been to the underworld?"

"Yeah it was years ago though. Surprisingly wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been." I commented. Of course since fate hates us that was the point where everything went wrong. The branch we were sitting on groaned slightly before completely snapping off sending Nico and I along with the broken off branch crashing to the ground.

I landed, rather awkwardly, practically on top of Nico. We both sort of looked at each other slightly wide eyed before laughing.

"Nico di Angelo you are so dead." A voice spoke from the side.

"Oh, styx."