Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Five minute later Nico and I ran out of the woodland path and onto the camp beach. When we had started running I don't know. "The beach?" I asked Nico slowing down to a walk since running on sand is pretty hard. Anyone who has ever tried it will know that.

"I figured you hadn't been since you got back and it's usually empty at around this time so..." Nico trailed off.

"Fair enough." I shrugged slipping my slip on shoes off and hanging them loosely in my hand as I headed down to nearer the sea. I sat down a few metres away from the sea and a few seconds later Nico sat down beside me.

I missed this while I was gone. The perfect blue sea that glimmers under the light of the sun. Sometimes I used to just sit on the beach and watch the waves for hours. It wasn't like I had much else to do. I still remember the first time I ever went to a beach when I was three.

FLASHBACK

"Where are we going?" Three year old me asked Deimos and Phobos.

"You'll see." Phobos answered as we continued walking. It was early in the morning and still fairly dark since the sun hadn't come up yet. I snuck out of the house but I don't think mommy would mind, I fact she'd probably be quite happy about it. I'd met Deimos and Phobos outside my house and we'd taken a train to a few streets away from where we were now. I kept glancing around hoping to see something.

"We're not there yet little strawberry." Deimos told me and I frowned slightly.

"When will we be there? Where is there?" I asked and Deimos just smirked in reply causing me to frown again but in annoyance this time. Why won't they tell me?

"Look over there little strawberry." Phobos told me a few minutes later. I looked over in the direction he was pointing at and gasped.

"What is it?" I asked the brothers in amazement.

"It's the sea." Deimos replied. Well, at least I think it was Deimos but I wasn't looking at who was talking so it could have been Phobos.

"It's pretty." I commented mainly to myself.

"Wait until the sun start to rise."

"Is it prettier then now?"

"Yes little strawberry it's prettier than now." Phobos told me.

"Let's go, let's go, let's go." I said running in the direction of the beach knowing that Deimos and Phobos would follow me.

END OF FLASHBACK

I was jolted out of the flashback when I felt cold water being splashed on me. I looked over at an amused looking Nico in disbelief. "You did not just do that." I said in disbelief as I stood up. Quickly, I ducked down and scooped up some water before throwing it at Nico.

"You did not just do that." Nico said mocking me. I narrowed my eyes at him and splashed him again. Nico returned the favour as I tried to run deeper into the sea to get away. Perhaps my plan at getting away wasn't such a good one since Nico just followed.

The two of us were almost waist deep in the water by the time I stopped. It's hard to run in water you know. I spun around and splashed Nico with water again. The two of us continued to try and throw water at each other, neither of us gaining an upper hand but neither of us willing to give up.

After a few minutes of the two of us throwing water at each other I used light to shove Nico backwards which would have worked had Nico not dragged me down with him. I closed my eyes as I went down and immediately pushed myself back out through the surface of the sea wiping the water out of my eyes. A second later Nico resurfaced shaking his hair out of his eyes.