Chapter XXVI: Timothy's Woe

Today was just an ordinary day for Sabina. Her day was spent inside the glass room doing some rush proposals to be approved by the CEO later. Sabina tackled on the paperwork while Timothy was in a meeting with all the department heads of the Sebastian Builders.

The meeting was all about the upcoming golden anniversary of the huge construction company. The young heir was personally asked by the Sebastian patriarch to spearhead the grand celebration.

At around mid morning, the petite assistant was humming a soft ballad tune when the glass door opened noisily. A very well made up Darcy stepped inside the room. She was wearing a wine-colored super tight Burberry dress and an extremely high heeled suede pumps.

The outsider didn't throw even a glance at the startled young assistant and went straight to the young CEO's office.

On the other hand, Sabina was stunned but she was used to Darcy's brass behavior so she just shrugged her shoulders and continued to work.

"Tim, Timothy! We two need to talk about our future plans." Darcy started yelling halfway to the young heir's private space and made sure that Sabina heard her. But her yell was greeted with silence. Timothy's office was empty and quiet.

Hastily, the square-jawed woman retreated out and turned to the silent assistant. "Where's you boss, whore?" She inquired savagely.

The older woman may looked sophisticated and glamorous with her get up but her manners showed otherwise, it screamed brusqueness and meanness. She was rough and rude like low life thugs and bandits.

Even though young assistant was addressed rudely, she still managed to answer Darcy politely with great poise and finesse, after all they are both inside Sabina's workplace. "I'm sorry Miss Madrid but I'm afraid the CEO is currently unavailable. I advise you make an appointment." She replied in a well-controlled voice.

Darcy couldn't help but to give the petite woman a discreet once over and due to Sabina's lack of reaction, the rude woman began to shout. "I don't need an appointment. I'm Darcy and I don't care if he's unavailable. I need him now so just tell me where the hell is he." She shrieked in rage.

The assistant inhaled shakily, unsure if she should tell the woman where her fiancé was or to call the building security. But she chose to do what she thought was right. "Calm yourself down, Miss Madrid. This meeting is really important. You can wait for him if you want to but I will not interrupt the ongoing meeting in your behalf." She stated, making sure that her right hand was out of sight.

"And who are you to tell me that? How many times do I have to tell you to know your place, huh?!" She knocked a tall pile of Manila folders on top of Sabina's desk. Again, Darcy showed how rude and ill mannered she was.

The pile of papers flew down the table and littered on the floor but Sabina didn't move to pick them up. She just looked at the woman in front of her and shook her head.

"Call him and tell him that I'm here. Now!" The older woman demanded, screaming loudly. She looked rabid and her behavior resembled that of a deranged woman.

With patience running low, Sabina spoke again. "Like I told you earlier, I wouldn't do that. You can't come barging in, demanding for something and acting like you own the place." Sabina stood up and began to clear her table.