Chapter LII: The struggle

The following morning dawned stormy and gloomy. Heavy rains continued to pour outside so sewers and water ways began to overflow. The twins called the cradle to inform Timothy to stay put since traveling will be too risky and dangerous.

The young architect was planning to return to Mindoro today but due to the bad weather he decided to postpone it.

With a heavy heart, Timothy began to ransacked the Cradle's pantry for possible breakfast. Because even food delivery services were crippled by the flood since most main roads were non-passable and blocked.

Luckily, the pantry was well-stocked so the young architect opted to cook pancake, hash brown and sausage. He also opened canned pineapples and bottled peaches. And made some coffee.

After preparing all these, he called Jacob's floor and invited the twins to have breakfast with him. It was like preparing food for your older brothers and this realization gave Timothy a warm feeling.

"Tim, you cook so well. I thought were going to die from hunger, neither of us is useful in the kitchen so thank you, little bro!" Anton commented enthusiastically while munching on his hash brown.

"Don't mention it." He readily replied.

After breakfast, Jacob insisted on doing the dishes despite Timothy's offer to do it. And this gesture made Timothy admire Sabina's brother more. After all, where can you find a multi billionaire tycoon who knows how to wash the dishes, from cooking utensils down to the last piece of spoon.

"I know how to do the dishes. Yaya Loring taught me so leave this to me. You did the cooking so it's just fair that I do the washing." Jacob shooed the younger man out of the kitchen.

"I can dry them for you." Anton offered.

With a dismissing gesture, the younger of the twins also motioned his older brother out of the spacious kitchen. "I'll be fine Anton, go entertain our little bro."

Afterwards, the trio transferred to the coffee table near the Veranda, each have steaming big mug of coffee in their hands. While the wind was still howling outside and the sky still dark and angry.

Silence reigned between the three men but unlike the usual, it's comfortable and serene, not awkward and heavy. The trio appeared deep in thought, three sets of eyes were locked at the stormy skyline of the Bonifacion Global city while their minds running elsewhere.

The security box outside chimed, signaling that someone was trying to open the door and the sound caught the attention of the trio occupying the Cradle.

Hastily, they put down their mugs and stood up to check the intruder. There were no calls from the lobby so the three were alarmed. Anton readily put his finger vertically against his closed lips and motioned them to come with him.

The other two obediently followed as they tip toed their way through the front door of the quiet penthouse.

Suddenly, the front door opened and a soaking wet and slightly pale Sabina entered.

"Aria? What happened to you?" Anton immediately asked, running forward to assist his little sister.

"How did you get here?" Jacob inquired in a shock tone.