Chapter LIII: Redemption

"Hi."

Upon opening her big eyes, Sabina was greeted by a smiling Timothy. His eyes appeared puffy and a bit red but his smile remained genuine and happy.

"Hey." She responded.

"What time is it?" She asked as she casted a glance at the window and found that the sky was still dark and gloomy.

Timothy consulted his Patek Philippe wrist watch before replying. "It's 2:15 in the afternoon. It's way past lunch time so you have to eat. Bart was kind enough to call before lunch asking if we needed something. He knew that you arrived so he offered to help and did a light grocery shopping for us." He explained.

"Despite the heavy rains?" Sabina asked in her weak worried voice.

"No worries, Jacob ask him to use one of the tower's service vehicle, the ranger." He immediately informed the worried woman.

With a nod, the young heiress snuggled deeper to the warmth of her soft bed and closed her eyes.

"No ,no, no, Sab. You need to eat and then you can go back to sleep. You didn't eat breakfast. I'm sure of that. Come on, Sab. I cooked pork sinigang and I kept it warm so it's perfect for this cold rainy day." He persuaded the sleepy young woman.

"What's with you and food ha, Arch. Sebastian?" Sabina queried in her sleepy raspy voice. She was a little annoyed since her sleep was interrupted.

Timothy let out a soft chuckle. "Nothing, I just know that you're famished, you're just too tired or sleepy to recognize it, so wake up."

Sluggishly, Sabina peeled the comforter covering her body and started to get up. "No, I will just bring your food here. Just sit down and rest your back on the head board so you'll be comfortable. I'll be right back." The tall CEO quickly left the side of her bed and headed for the kitchen.

The young heiress watched her ex fiancé retreating tall form and a warm fuzzy feeling readily enclosed her.

But the warmth quickly evaporated and was replaced by a miserable feeling.
"Man up and tell him, Sab." She whispered inwardly.

What if there was really no hope? What if there was really a serious problem? Another voice sounded in her head and at once a lump was formed in her throat.

Little by little, her eyes watered but bravely, she blinked them away. Timothy must not see this. Calm down Sab, calm down. She mumbled mentally as she took a long deep breath.

After several short minutes she heard Timothy's returning footsteps so she schooled her features and put on a happy and more awake face.

The tall gorgeous CEO was carrying a tray laden with food and a glass of water. He, then put down the breakfast tray, it's legs resting on the side of the young heiress' thighs.

"Eat!"

∞∞∞

The meal was heavy and satisfying so after eating Sabina wasn't able to go back to sleep instead she opted to get up, take a warm shower and change into her usual home clothes, white cotton scooped neck fitted shirt and gray cotton draw string shorts.