Chapter LV: A piece of you

For Timothy to be able to function well as the CEO of the Sebastian builders and Sabina's caregiver, the young CEO resumed his office in Manila.

After Sabina was discharged in the hospital, her entire family insisted that she stayed in McKinley and leave the sea and sky matters to the capable hands of Nancy Rankin.

Tatay Leo also promised his support to the half Brit assistant CEO making it easier to convince the Dela Vega heiress to take her much needed rest.

At first, Doña Esperanza wanted a private nurse for her grand daughter but the twins and Don Luis were quite against the idea. And since they are all busy, the young architect volunteered for the position.

The Dela Vegas were a bit hesitant initially, thinking that it's a bit too much for the Sebastian lad. But he convinced them by telling them that this is the perfect opportunity for him to win back Sabina so in the end, Timothy won.

With the blessing of the entire Dela Vega family and his father and only sibling, Timothy moved in again in the cradle but not as Sabina's boyfriend but as a suitor/caregiver. Unlike before he was now occupying the guest room nearest to the heiress' bedroom.

It was in the middle of the night on his second week in the cradle, when Timothy felt something in his sleep. There was a nagging feeling inside him, telling him that someone needed him badly so he bolted from his warm bed and padded hastily towards the young heiress' chamber.

It wasn't strange at all for him because for unknown reasons he immediately knew that there was something not right with his ex fiancée.

Inside the spacious bedroom, he found her writhing in pain. Hurriedly, he searched for her medicine kit and scrambled to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Sab, here drink this." Timothy helped her in an upright position so she could take her medicine easier.

"Do you need your hot compress? I'll prepare it for you." He offered worriedly while rubbing the latter's lower back.

The gorgeous biologist shook her head and inhaled deeply. Afterwards, she returned to her previous spot and closed her eyes.

The young architect on the other hand, checked the digital alarm clock on Sabina's night stand. The clock says 1:25 in the morning so carefully, he covered the young woman with the warm comforter and tucked her in. He then, switched off the night lamp and turned around to go back in his own room.

But before he could reached the slightly ajar door, he felt an icy palm grabbed his forearm. "Stay. Please." He heard a raspy weak voice pleaded.

Gradually, he turned around and found the young heiress staring at him with droopy eyes.

A warm sensation readily enveloped Timothy and his spirit soared high, when Sabina patted the empty space on the bed beside her.

Without wasting precious time, the young architect climbed onto the bed and carefully laid down next to the sleepy weak woman. He was too careful that he made sure that there would be minimum skin to skin contact between them. But he was astounded and elated when the petite woman quickly closed the gap between them and burrowed herself on his chest.

In a slightly shaky voice he spoke. "You're freezing, Sab. Do you want me to lower down or turned the air cooling system off?" He asked as he pulled her closer to him.