Chapter XLVII: Left Hanging

Two evenings after Don Luis' grim revelation, the young heiress have reached her final decision but she didn't say it out loud. She kept it to herself since it magnified her pain countless folds every time she thought about it, more over if she talked about it.

On her last day at home, the twins attempted to bring it up again but politely she refused. "I can deal with this on my own, trust me. What's important is I have you guys, with me." She stated with finality in her tone.

Helpless, the two men just nodded their heads but discreetly, they shared a knowing look. They both know that something not good was going to happen. But for the mean time, they were putting their full trust on their youngest and only sister.

"Just bear in mind Aria, your happiness is our happiness so make sure that your decision will make you happy. Think not of us but think of yourself this time." Anton commented in a solemn manner.

With a nod, the other half of the Dela Vega twins agreed. "Call us if you need anything. Okay?" He had annunciated these words because deeply, he was certain that sad times will definitely follow.

∞∞∞

At twilight, Sabina reached the Sea and Sky leisure park the next day but after she stepped inside her private quarters no one have seen her emerged from it again. She didn't asked for development reports or even for verbal updates. She also ditched dinner so Nancy and Tatay Leo went crazy with worries.

When Timothy entered the mess hall around half past seven. He was expecting to see his ex fiancée waiting for him with a big smile on her gorgeous face but instead, he was greeted by Nancy Rankin and tatay Leo's anxious face. "What happened?" He readily inquired.

The worried duo shook their heads. "Where have you been?" The old man asked, he was worried that Sabina felt bad because Timothy wasn't there to welcome her back when she arrived.

"I was out with Terrence and architect Manuel, we went to the inspect the walls of the main gate. I just took a quick shower before going here." He started to fixed his gaze at the door, thinking that any minute now Sabina will emerged from it.

But no Sabina came. "I saw a chopper a while ago, where's Sab? That's Sab, right?" He asked baffled with the old man's earlier line of questioning.

Slowly the pair in question bobbed their heads but it was obvious that something wasn't right. The young architect could see it in their unfocused eyes.

For a few seconds, Timothy continued to study their faces before he opened his mouth again. "Is there something wrong? Is it Sabina?" His own queries made his heart beat doubled.

"She's here but as soon as she disembarked from the chopper she went straight to her private quarters and since then, she never came out again." Tay Leo answered.

Anxiety registered on the young architect's face. "She didn't speak to you guys? She didn't ask for anything?" He muttered, double checking Tatay Leo's prior statement.

This time it was the half Brit woman who spoke. "No, she just nodded at us and offered a small smile. She didn't greet us, she didn't even say hello nor hi and it's puzzling. That's why we're a little worried." She admitted.

This was very unusual for the young heiress since she was never cold or hostile especially to the old man. "Maybe she's sick. We should check on her." Tatay Leo suggested.