Chapter Two

"Okay thank you! Yes we will be there today at two O'clock. Thank you very much." I hear and I roll over and see Lily on my phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask her and then she jumps on top of me.

"YOU MADE IT TO ROUND TWO!" She starts yelling and I sit up quickly. 

"Are you serious? This is great!" I say. I am actually excited for this, not because of me getting to meet Shawn Mendes or any of that crap, but because they actually like my singing.

Shawn Mendes just seems like every other celebrity. You know the type that flirts and sleeps with everyone. The jerky type who pretends to be a nice guy in front of the cameras. 

"I told you that they were going to love you and that you were going to win." Lily said as she jumped in the bed freaking out.

"Alright well let's not get our hope up. I don't think I'm going to win. Just because I made it to round two doesn't mean I  going to win. It means the competition just got harder. If I don't win then oh well."  I say and go to bathroom to get ready. We slept in through lunch so I need to get ready now.

"Well I think you're going to win. And when you do you better not forget me okay? Because you're going to become big and famous. You need to remember that I'm the one that forced you to audition." She said as she came in the bathroom to get ready too.

"Okay I'll remember that." I said and laughed. 

We finished getting ready and I was satisfied with the way I look. I'm wearing that new romper I got with the yellow design on it. I have on my white converse and my hair is pulled up into a cute ponytail.

"You ready?" Lily asks me and grabs her bag. I nod and we leave.

I'm not as nervous as I was yesterday, but I am nervous. We arrive at the same place that the first auditions were. When we walk in, there are not nearly as many people as there were yesterday. 

We go and check in and wait for me to be called. I sit there and I remember that I don't know what song I want to sing. I didn't bring a Cd with music or anything. I can just sing acapella I guess.

I started going through my playlist to see which song I should sing. I decide on Barcelona by Ed Sheeran because I  love that song! 

After a little while my number gets called. I walk in and Lily goes in with me.

"Hey it's the bestfriends!" Shawn says and I smile.

"Yeah that's us!" I say and look at Lily. She gives me a thumbs up. I look around and I see a guitar sitting in a corner.

"Um is it alright if I use this?" I ask walking over it. 

"Yeah sure go ahead." One of the judges says and so I grab it and out the strap around me.

"Start when your ready." Another judge says. I take a deep breath and start strumming. 

I sing the sing and I had so much fun singing it. I could do this everyday of my life. I absolutely love music and singing.

When I finished everyone was writing something down on their clip bards which kind if made me nervous.

"Thank you very much. We will contact you if you make it to the final round." One of the judges said. I smiled and me and Lily walked out.

"That was fun!" I say and Lily starts going on and on about how she thinks I'm going to win. I honestly don't think that I will.

The rest of the day went pretty well. We went to dinner and a movie and then we just walked around the city for a while. We stopped at a pretzel cart and both bought one.