Chapter Twenty Six

"Bella! Tom look over here!" All of the media and photographs are snapping pictures of us with their cameras as we walk down the red carpet at the Spider-Man movie premiere.

We stop and Tom wraps his arm around my waist and and we pose for the cameras. "I'm going to be blind after all of these flashing lights." Tom whispered in my ear making me laugh.

"Yeah me too." I say and then we walk hand in hand over to the interview area. As soon as we get there all sorts of people are shoving microphones in our face.

Security came and calmed things down and then one reporter started asking us questions.

"So what was it like filming this movie Tom?" She asks and he smiles. "It was great! It was really different  from anything I've ever done before, and the cast was amazing too." He says and she nods.

"And Bella what are your thoughts on it?" She asks me. "I honestly am so excited for this release because just seeing how well all of the cast members worked together was incredible. I can't wait to see it on the big screen." I say and smile at Tom.

Another reporter came forward and started asking questions about the movie too. Then she started getting a little bit personal. "So how do you feel knowing that Shawn Mendes is here tonight considering how things ended between you two?" When she says this I feel my stomach turn.

"Um I'm actually glad to see him again. We are good friends now and we've put all of what happens behind us." I say and smile. "Really? And how long have you guys been friends since the breakup?" She asks.

I awkwardly look at Tom because I'm very uncomfortable now. "We'd love to answer more of your questions, but we have to get inside." Tom says and we both smile and walk away together.

"Wow they really don't know anything about personal privacy do they?" Tom says. "Doesn't seem like it. It's none of their business who I decide to be friends with and why." I say because I'm kind of aggravated.

"I don't see what the big deal is either. So what you and Shawn dated and broke up! You two are allowed to be friends. It's not like there are any rules against it." He says and I smile at him because I would have thought he would be bothered by me being friends with Shawn.

"You know I love you right?" I say and wrap my arms around him. "Yeah I know. I'm irresistible." He says and then laughs. "I love you too." He says and then he kisses my lips and we continue inside.

We all go into the huge theater and take our seats for the premiere. All of a sudden Shawn comes and sits next to me, then I notice he's here with Hailee Steinfeld. 

"Hey!" He says and sits down. "Hey guys!" Hailee says and waves. "Hey! You guys look great!" I say because they really do. Shawn is wearing the suit I told him looked good.

"Thank you!" Hailee says and then grabs Shawns hand. I look at it and feel my stomach drop a little. I turn to Tom and and see that he messed up his tie. 

"Tom your tie" I say and giggle. "What? Oh can you fix it?" He asks and so I fix it for him. I leaned in closer to him so I could fix the back of his collar and when I did he kissed my cheek.

"Thanks beautiful." He said and I start blushing. "So how long have you two been together?" Hailee leans in and asks us. "Oh um six months." I say and smile at Tom.

"Oh how cute! You guys make  a really cute couple." She says and I smile. "What about you two?" I say and look at Shawn. He gets red in the face and I can tell he doesn't know what to say.

"Oh well me and Shawn technically aren't together because he hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend." She says and she seems bothered by this. "But we've been talking for a while now." She says and I nod. 

"Oh okay." Tom says and then things get kind of tense between everyone. "So.." I say not know what else to say here. "How's your music going Shawn?" Tom asks breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh it's going great right now. I'm really just focusing on writing right now." He says and Tom nods. "Are there any more movies your working on?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah I'm actually already filming for the next Avengers movie." He says. "Did you guys know that Shawn wants to be an actor too?" Hailee says and puts her hand on his arm.

"Yeah I did, he used to act out movies scenes when he was bored sometimes. It was cute." I say and then immediately regret it. Everyone looked at me surprised and I quickly tried to save myself.

"Cute like in a funny way. Like when you see a baby laugh and you're like 'oh how cute!" I say and everyone nods. Shawn just had this dumb smirk on his face.

I hit his arm and laughed. "Have you auditioned for anything yet?" I asked Shawn. "Um not really, I've gone to a couple of auditions. Nothing big though." He says and I nod.

"Oh the movie is about to start." Tom says and then the lights are dimmed.