Chapter Eighteen

"Oh it smells so good!" Lily says when we arrive at the coffe shop. We walk inside and a small group of people come and ask for pictures with me.

"Yeah sure!" I tell them and take selfies with all of them. Lily went to the bathroom while I took pictures. As I was taking pictures I see Carson walk in. When I finish talking pictures and signing things I walk over to him.

"Hey!" I say and we hug. "Hey, do you wanna go ahead and order?" He says and I nod.

"You look great by the way." He says and smiles. I look down at my outfit which consists of jeans and a v-neck. "Uh thanks" I say and laugh a little.

"Okay, did you get to meet all your fans?" Lily says as she walks up. "Yeah I did, they were so sweet." I say and then I look over at Carson and he seems bothered by something.

"Hey Carson, how are you?" Lily asks and he give her a blunt nod."okay." Lily says and gives me a look. That was kind of rude of Carson. After we ordered our drinks we went and found a table. 

"So how have things been?" I ask and take a sip of my coffee. "They've been good. My internship is really going great. Plus I bumped into you so I guess you could say life is great." He says and smiles.

"Aw that's good to hear." I say and glance at Lily who is trying not to laugh. "So what's going on with you?" Carson asks me. "Well we get a month off from tour so I'm just here and working on writing new songs. Shawn is coming in soon and he's bringing my dad back." I say. 

"Oh cool. I remember that our dad. He always gave me money to rake the leaves from your yard." He says. "Oh yeah I remember that! You bought me that necklace the second you got enough money." I did and laughed.

"Yeah I did." He said and smiled again. He sure does smile a lot. "I like that necklace you're wearing actually right now." Lily says and points to the necklace I'm wearing. "Oh Shawn gave it to me." I say and look at it.

Carson just clears his throat and nods. "Okay um I need to go to the bathroom. Bella will you come with me?" Lily says and makes a face. I nod and get up out of my seat. "We'll be right back." I say and Lily practically drags me to the bathroom.

"What is your problem?" I ask when we get to the bathroom. "Carson! He's so flirting with you!" She says and shakes my shoulders.

"No he's just being friendly." I say but really I think he is flirting. I just don't want to assume. "Then why is it that he was bothered that I came? Or every time you bring up Shawn he gets bothered?" She says and now there's no arguing with her.

"Okay you're right. What do I do? I don't want to hurt his feelings." I say. I don't want to be rude to Carson, but I also don't want to lead him on. "Okay I'll act like I'm not feeling well so we can leave." Lily says and walk out of the bathroom before I could say anything.

"Alright." I say to myself and I let out a sigh. We both walk out and go to our table.

"Hey Carson I'm not feeling to good so I think we're gonna go. I'd hate to get you sick." Lily says and then grabs her stomach. She's really convincing, I would have believed she was sick.

"Oh okay. Well I hope you feel better." He says even though he's clearly upset. "Okay well I'm just gonna get her home." I say and grab Lily by the shoulders and we leave quickly.

I really just want to avoid a problem before it even occurs. After all the bull crap that has already happened with me and Shawn I really don't need anymore.

After we left we went back home. 

"Well now we shouldn't have anything to worry about!" Lily says and throws herself on the couch. "I hope so." I say and then grab my phone to text Shawn.

Bella😍: Hey! I miss you so much!

Shawn😏: Aw babe I miss you too! But you won't have to miss me for long

Bella😍: but four days is long!😫

Shawn😍: well if you open the door you can see me right now

"What?! Ahhhh!" I scream and jump off the couch and run to the door. I throw it open and there he is. Standing there looking very good. I stand here and admire him for a quick second.

"What no hug?" He says and laughs. I rolls my eyes at him. "Come here Mendes" I say and jump into his arms and give him a big kiss. "What are those?" I say and try to see what he's hiding behind his back.

"These are for you." He says and hands me a bouquet of roses. "Shawn!" I say and I'm blushing. "Well that's not the only surprise." He says but he doesn't seem to happy about it.

"Hey Shawn!" Lily comes up and says before I can ask Shawn what he means. "Hey Lily it's good to see you again." He says and they hug. Then I see my dad getting out of the car.

"Dad!" I say and run up to him and hug him. "Hey Bella! I missed you so much sweetheart!" He says and I smile. "I actually have a surprise." He says and opens the car door. 

"Hi Bella. You're probably wondering why I'm here." Miss.Carter says and I feel like I can't breath. "Um yeah...why are you here?" I ask and look at my dad. I still haven't told my dad that I know. I didn't think he'd bring her here.

"Well that's the surprise. We are dating." My dad says and I fake smile.

"Wow. That's....great!" I say and bite the inside of my cheek. I turn and look at Shawn while my dad helps Miss Carter get her things. Shawn gives me a sympathetic smile and give him a worried one.

What the heck am I going to do now?

--

What will Bella do now that her dad brought his girlfriend? Is she okay with this? 

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment what you think and vote! Love you guys so so much!

I'm actually thinking about starting a new story. Don't worry I will still be making this one as well. Let me know what you think in the comment section! 

See you in the next chapter!

-Nicole🌺