Chapter Twenty

"What the heck is Carson doing here?" I say and Shawn looks at me. "Who's Carson and why is he here?" Shawn asks and I don't answer. I click the button that lets him through the gate.

"What are you doing? Who is he?" Shawn says and he sounds a bit aggravated. "He's an old friend I bumped into the other day. Me and Lily went to coffe with him, but I haven't even talked to him since then. I have no idea why he's here." I say and Shawn doesn't say anything.

The doorbell rings and Shawn goes to open the door before I do. I walk up behind Shawn so he doesn't do anything stupid. " Carson what are you doing here? It's three in the morning?" I say and I can tell something is wrong with him.

"Yeah I just thought I'd come by." He says and he starts laughing. "Is this your boyfriend?" He says and laughs even harder, he's clearly drunk. "Yes I'm her boyfriend, and exactly who are you to Bella?" Shawn says in an angry tone.

 "Carson why are you driving while you're drunk? And why did you come here?" I say and stand in front of Shawn because I can tell he's  getting mad. "I need to talk to you. Alone." He says and glares at Shawn.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Whatever you say to me you can say in front of Shawn." I say and Carson just grunts. He comes in the house without me even inviting him in.

"I needed to tell you how I feel." He says and I take a step back. What is wrong with him? We just saw eachother for the first time after three years! We have never even dated! "What?!" Shawn says and walks towards Carson.

"Shawn stop." I say and grab his elbow but he tugs it loose. "Don't you ever come near my girlfriend okay? I don't know who you are or how exactly you know Bella, but you aren't welcome here." Shawn says and shoves Carson back.

"Well maybe you should open up your eyes and see that she doesn't love you! She's known me longer and I've been there for her longer!" Carson says and shoves Shawn even harder.  I have no idea what he's taking about. He is acting ridiculous.

"You guys stop!" I say and that's when my dad and Cathrine come down the stairs. "What's going on?" My dad says and rubs his eyes. Right when my dad said that Carson threw a punch at Shawn.

"Carson stop!" I yell and Shawn takes a swing back. Shawn and Carson keep hitting each other and my dad comes and moves me out of the way. "Carson?! What's going on?" My dad says and comes and breaks up the fight. 

I start crying and Cathrine comes and hugs me. She rubbed my back while my dad yelled at Carson and Shawn.

"Now who wants to tell me what the hell is going on?!" My dad yells. "Carson showed up here drunk trying to confess his feelings for Bella!" Shawn says and then wipes the blood off of his lip.

"Carson what are you doing here drunk? What were you thinking even getting in the car?" My dad says and Carson just looks down at his feet.

"You and Bella haven't seen eachother in three years? Why now?" My dad says and now everyone is looking at Carson. "I-I don't know." Carson says. 

"Well I'm not letting you drive home like this. You sleep on the couch and in the morning you and Bella need to work out whatever the heck is going on. And Shawn! I'm very disappointed in the way you handled yourself here." My dad says and then walks over to me.

"You need to talk to the both of them. Maybe talk to Carson in the morning because he's to drunk to hold a conversation right now." My dad says and I nod.

I get up and Shawn looks at me. I don't  even want to talk to Shawn right now. I walk outside to the back and walk out to the field behind the house where the little lake is.

"Bella wait! Will you please talk to me?" Shawn says and I ignore him and continue to walk. "Bella" Shawn says and grabs my arm and turns me around. "Don't touch me!" I say but he doesn't let go of me.

"Bella stop! Just listen to me for once!" Shawn says raising his voice and then he sighs. "I'm sorry, I did mean to yell at you." Shawn says and let's go of me.

"Shawn I'm not upset about you defending me, but I am upset because you jumped to conclusions and didn't even ask me what was going on. You just started yelling and swinging punches." I say and he nods.

"I'm sorry. I was just blinded by anger and fear." He says says softly. "Fear?" "Yeah, fear of someone else better coming along and taking you away from me." He says and I feel my eyes start tearing up. 

"Shawn you aren't going to lose me." I say and then I wrap my arms around him. "Just promise me one thing." I say and look into his eyes. "Anything." He says and nods.

"No matter how angry I get with you, don't let me leave. I don't care if I'm telling you that I hate you, don't let me leave because I could never not love you." I say and he smiles and nods.

"I promise. I would say the same, but I wouldn't even think about leaving you." He says and smiles. "Yeah well I'm an emotional girl who makes stupid decisions so ya know." I say and we both laugh.

"Come in let's go inside." Shawn says and I nod. He wraps his arm around me as we walk back to the house. Carson is already knocked out on the couch, and my dad and Cathrine are probably back asleep already too.

"I'm going to have to talk to Carson tomorrow, and I'm going to have to do it alone." I say to Shawn when we reach the room. "Yeah I know." Shawn says and we both lay down in the bed.

"I won't be far though." He says and kisses my forehead. I smile and snuggle up next to him. "You know what I just realized" I say and Shawn looks at me. "What?" He says and I laugh a little. 

"Lily didn't even wake up after all that commotion." "You're right! She didn't." Shawn says and we start laughing. "She is a deep sleeper." I say and lay my head back down on Shawns chest.

 I try and sleep but all I can think about right now is why Carson is suddenly acting this way, after all this time. 

--

Sorry for the shorter chapter, next will be longer. 

What do you think made Carson act that way? Why now?

Don't forget to vote and comment! Also make sure to check out my new story called "Lost Without You" Love you guys!

-Nicole