Chapter Ten

It's been a week and I'm on my way to go meet Shawn. I've got my bags in the back of my car because I'm planning on going back to stay with Shawn.

I had a lot of time to think and even with some songs. I'm going to give Shawn another chance, but we aren't going back to the way things were. I'm going to make that very clear.

I arrive at the house and I put in the code to open the gate and I pull in. I pull into the garage and then get out. I walk up to the door and before I could knock Shawn opened the door and smiled at me. 

"Bella." He said and the  engulfed me in a hug. I'm not going to lie, I did miss his hugs... A lot. 

"Shawn you can let go now." I say and pat him on the back. We've been standing here for a minute or two hugging.

"Right. Come on let's talk." He says and let's me in the house. I walk in and go and sit on a stool in the kitchen.

"Listen. I forgive you. I know you made a mistake and I want to give you another chance. I want to come back and I want us to be okay again." I say and his face lights up with happiness.

"But.." I say and his face drops a little.

"But?" He says and sits down next to me. He looks at me seriously. 

"It's going to take some time to get back to how things were. We are going to have to start over. Start new." I say and he smiles again.

"I understand that. It makes sense." He says and then we sit there looking at each other for a moment. Finally I get up off of the stool so I can go get my bags.

"I'm gonna go get my stuff." I say and he gets up quickly.

"I'll help you." He says and follows me out to my car. I open up my back seat and grab one of my bags. I turn around to hand it to Shawn and when I do our lips almost touch. 

I don't know why he is standing so close, but I really want to kiss him. Like a lot.

I see him look from my eyes to my lips a few times and he starts to lean in. I realize that I haven't stopped him yet. I back up a little and hit my head on the car door.

"Ow." I say quitely and then Shawn backs up.

"I uh. I'll take your bags to your room." He says awkwardly and grabs the bags and then walks inside with them.

I lean up against the car and let out a breath. This is going to be really hard. I mean we could probably just start by doing a re-do date or something. I don't know.

I grab my last bag out of the car and walk up stairs. Shawn is putting away my shoes for me. He's so sweet. I walk into the closet amd watch him as he puts them away.

He turns and looks at me and smiles.

"Look. Maybe we don't have to start completely over. We could start slow though." I say and his smile gets even bigger. 

"So like a first date type thing?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah like a first date type thing." I say and then turn around and start putting my stuff away.

"Okay well then I'll be right back." He says and runs out of the room.

"Okay?" I say and laugh. I put all of my stuff away and then Shawn comes in the room. He's been gone for like an hour. Yes it took me an hour to put my things  away.

"Okay here. I was going to give this to you a week ago, but you know." He says and I nod. I know he's talking about what happened. He hands me a pretty gray flowy sundress.