Chapter Twenty One

A/n: OH MH LORD JESUS! You guys the TNHMB music video is out! I stayed up late just to watch it and it was amazing! Shawn looked so good! I seriously thought we were going to have to wait longer for the video to be released, but thank God we didn't! 

Let me know what you guys thought of the video in the comment below. 

Okay here's the new chapter. Sorry that it's kind of short.

--

I woke up a few minuets ago, but I decided just to close my eyes and lay here. I do this a lot. Sometimes it's out of pure laziness, and other times it's when I just want to think.

I still have no idea what I'm going to say to Carson or even how to start that conversation. He acted so weird last night. We haven't seen eachother in three years and then all of a sudden he shows up and wants to confess his feelings for me?

I don't like Carson in anyway other than a friend. That's how it always was between us. I always looked at him like a brother. Maybe he just said those things because he was really drunk and didn't know what he was doing. 

I was brought out of my thoughts when I feel Shawn move and turn so he's facing me. I keep my eyes closed so he thinks I'm still sleeping. 

"Bella are you awake?" Shawn says softly and quietly. I don't move or open my eyes. Shawn wraps his arm around my waist and starts to kiss my cheek softly.

I tried so hard not to smile but I did. "I saw that Bella" Shawn says and laughs a little. I smile even bigger just at the sound of his voice, but I still don't open my eyes.

He puts his hand underneath my shirt on my hip bone. His hands are cold so it send goosebumps all over my body. He runs his hand up onto my stomach and then kisses my lips softly. 

"Come one baby girl you need to get up." He says and I open my eyes and smile at him. "But I'm  comfortable right here like this." I say and then connect our lips once more.

"Yeah me too, but we both have things we have to get done today. Like you still have to talk to Carson." Shawn says and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I got up, washed up, and changed. Finally after me trying to put off this conversation I went down stairs to where Carson was about to leave. 

"Wait Carson!" I say rush down the stairs. He turns and looks at me and quickly walks out the front door. I run out after him and thankfully I got to him before he could get in his car.

"Carson stop! I need to talk to you." I say get in front of him. "Bella I can't. What I did was so stupid, I don't  expect you to forgive me." He says and I back up a little bit.

"Hey, I'm  not upset anymore." I say and he looks up at me with slight shock in his expression. "Really?" He says and I nod my head. "Yes really. I'm just a little confused. What was all of it about?" I say and he lets out a sigh and grabs the back of his neck.

"Look I don't know what I was thinking last night. I think after seeing you I just remembered how much I used to like you. Then after getting drunk I like my emotions take over and I acted like an idiot." Wow I didn't even know that Carson ever liked me in the past.

"Carson I didn't know that you used to have feelings for me. You never said anything." I say and he just looks away from me. "Yeah well it's in the past now.  I understand that you have a boyfriend and that you're happy. I respect that. Can you please just forgive me?" 

"Of course I can.  Friends?" I say and he nods. We hug and then he tells me he has to leave. I turn around and see Shawn standing in the doorway of the house.

"Well now that's taken care of." I say and he hugs me. "Yeah but you still have one more person to talk to." Who do I have to talk to now? 

"Who?" I ask and he gives me a look. "Oh you mean Cathrine." I say and let go of Shawn. He nods and I sigh and nod my head back. 

"Alright well where is she?" "In the backyard with your dad." Shawn says and points. I walk outside and they both turn and smile at me.

"Um dad can I talk with Cathrine alone?" I say and they look at each other.  "Yeah sure. I'll  be inside." He says and gets up to leave. I sit down on the porch swing next to Cathrine.

"Bella before you say anything  I feel like I should tell you something  first." "Okay" I say. "I know all about your mother and how you never really got to meet her." She says and I look down at my feet when she brings it up. 

She grabs my hands and smiles at me. "I never got to meet my mother either. She died giving birth to me, so I completely understand how you feel." I look up at her in shock. I never knew that about her.

"Really?" I say and she nods. "Yes and I don't want you to think that I will ever try to replace your mother. I really do love your father and I love you very much as well." 

"Wow, well I guess I don't  really have anything to say anymore. I'm glad to know that you care about my dad so much. I hope you two last a very long time." I say and she smiles.

"Me too." She says and we hug. "Looks like you two are getting along quite well. "My dad comes and says. Shawn walks out behind him and smiles at me. 

Everything is working out really well for once.

--

Okay so this is  today chapter, I won't be able to update for a week or so because I will going out of town and won't be able to update. As soon as I get back I'll get you guys a new chapter up.

-Nicole