Chapter Six

Oh my goodness the lip bite! ^ Is anyone else weak in the knees right now? Alright here's chapter six!

--

So many emotions are stirring up inside of me right now. I want to cry and laugh at the same time.

"How did you know my mom?" I ask while trying not to freak out.

"Well we were very good friends with your parents. Me and your mother were very close. You and Shawn were actually friends as children. You were to small to remember though." She says.

"wow. " that's all I could manage to get out.

"Hold on I'll be right back." Mrs.Mendes says and gets up a leaves for a few minuets.

"Are you okay Bella?" Shawn says and grabs my hand. When he touches my hand it sends a weird feeling to my stomach.

I look at him and nod. Honestly I don't know if I'm okay or not. 

A few minutes later Mrs.Mendes comes back with a small box.

"Here. I have some pictures of your mother if you'd like to look at them." She says. I take a deep breath and then start going through the pictures. The first one I pick up is a picture of her standing in front of a lake as the sun is setting.

"She was beautiful." I say but it comes out as more of a whisper. 

"Well you look exactly like her." Mr.Mendes said I looked up and smiled at them. 

"You can keep that if you'd like." Mrs.Mendes said and I nodded. We started going through the pictures and I got to see my parents high school pictures. 

"What's this?" I ask and take out a photo album. I open it up and see a bunch of baby pictures.

"That was a baby photo album I had started making of you and Shawn." She says and smiles. I look at Shawn and smile. 

I went through the pictures and they were so cute. Baby Shawn was adorable!

"Oh..my...goodness! Shawn!" I saw as we come to a picture of him as a baby laying in his stomach and his little baby butt is showing.

"Oh my God Mother." He says and puts his face in his hand. We all laugh for a second and then I realize that if they were friends with my parents, then they must know how she died.

"So do you know no my mom died?" I asked and then things got really serious. 

Aaliah came into the room with no clue as to what is going on. She looks at everyone and I guess she could feel the heaviness of the mood.

She sat on the couch next to her mom and just sat there silently.

"Well. Your mother never really liked to have a conversation with people when she was angry. So she would take a drive around town to cool off. Well one day you were here with us because I was babysitting you. Well it was already late at night. Your parents were going out on a date. Your father and your mother got into an argument and so your mother left to take a drive and cool off. While she was driving she..." Mrs.Mendes trailed off and her eyes became watery.

My heart is beat so freakin hard right now. I think it might come out of my chest. 

"What happened?" I asked trying to holdback my own tears.

"She was hit by a drunk driver. She died almost immediately. Your father had you stay with us while he planned the funeral. A few weeks after the funeral he came and got you and said he was leaving. He didn't tell anyone where. He just left with you. We tried looking for you guys, but we could never find you." She said and tears started rolling down my face.