Chapter Twelve

"There you are! For a minute I thought you weren't coming." Lauren stood up and said as I approached her. We hugged each other and then I sat down across from her.

"Yeah well traffic was really bad." I said and faked a laugh. I'm really nervous right now.

"Well why don't we order and then we can talk." She said and so we both started reading our menus. lauren doesn't seem to be acting weird like she did the other day. She seems pretty normal and layed back.

"So how'd your meeting go?" She asks me as we look over the menu.

"It was good, they just told us the set up of the tour and all that stuff." I said and smiled politely.

"Oh okay. What are you getting? I was looking at that spring salad." She said and I found it on the menu.

"That looks good. I think I'll get that." I say and put my menu down. She calls over the waitress who takes our order and then walks away.

"Alright well I really called you here today to talk to you about Shawn." She says and then let's out a sign. 

"What is it that's going on?" I ask and then take a sip of my water.

"Bella I really want us to be friends. I really do because you're a good person. So is Shawn, but when it comes to girls and dating there are some things you should know." 

"Like what?" I say and I'm feeling that twisting feeling in my stomach again.  I'm about to find out what exactly she knows.

"So before Shawn became famous he dated a lot of girls. Mainly because he was vine famous enough and almost every girl in school was in love with him. Well we were really good friends since we were kids so I was always there for him. He made out with girls and that stuff. Even with girls he wasn't dating." 

"Wait so did he cheat on a girl ever?" I ask and she stays silent and just nods.

"A couple of times. There was a point in Shawns life where he was drinking a lot, he would party all the time. It got to the point where he was getting drunk and very violent. One time a girl at a party wouldn't go upstairs with him and he slapped her. I had to take him home after that."

"Are you serious? I never imagined he would do something like that." I say and think long and hard on weather I should trust Lauren or not. I don't want to believe her, but I don't know what to think.

He was drinking a lot at that party and was getting handsy with me.

"Yeah well I helped him through it. In the process of me helping him we developed feelings for each other. We dated for a while and then he got his record deal. He started going on tour and after a little while he texted me and said that he wanted to break up." 

"Wait what? Over text?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah, he said that he still wanted to be friends but that he just felt like he didn't want to be tied down at the moment while he travels." She says and then our food comes and the lady hands it to us.

After the waitress walks away I take a bite of my food and Lauren continues.

"Yeah it took me a while to get back to being friends with him, but we eventually did. I'm not saying that Shawn is a bad guy because  he's still my friend. I'm just saying that when it comes to dating and being in a relationship you need to be careful." She says and I just nod and think for a moment.

Can I believe her? Why would she lie about Shawn? She did make the remark that he was good in bed, why... I don't know. Maybe she was joking. She says she wants us to be friends. She knows Shawn and Shawn hasn't told me anything bad about her.