Chapter Seventeen

I'm pacing back and forth while I wait for Lily to get here. I'm so excited to see her again after so long.

Finally I hear the doorbell ring and I run and throw the door open. There she is with a huge smile on her face. We both bear hug eachother and immediately start crying.

"I'm so happy to see you!" She said into my shoulder. 

"I missed you so much!" I say and hug her even tighter. Eventually we let go and I help her with her things.

"Wow! This house is huge!" Lily asks as we walk upstairs. I laugh because it is really big. I put Lily's bags in my room and she sits on my bed.

"So how are things in California?" I ask and sit on the bed next to her.

"Well I'm doing online classes now because I got an internship at a really good fashion business. Oh yeah I changed my major to fashion design." She said and laughed.

"Of course you did. Well do you like it?" I ask and lean back on the headboard of my bed. 

"Yeah I really do! It's so much fun!" She says and then we start talking about all sorts of things.

"So when my dad gets here he can stay in the guest room and you can stay in here." I say and get up off of the bed.

"Well what about you?" She says and we walk out of the room. 

"I'll just sleep with Shawn." I say and she stops in her tracks. I look at her and she's got a goofy grin on her face.

"Oh okay I got you. You guys are THERE already." She says and I roll my eyes and walk downstairs.

"Anyways...." I say and she laughs. We walk in the kitchen and she sits down on the stool while I dig through the fridge.

"What are you going to say to your dad about him and Miss Carter?" She asks and I grab an apple and let out a sigh.

"I don't know that I'm going to say anything yet. I think if he wants me to know then he'll tell me when he ready." I take a bite of my apple and Lily just gives me a look because she knows that this is bothering me.

"Come on lets do something fun!" She says and so I try and think of something to do. 

"We can wait till it gets really late and then we go on a late night tour of Toronto. Oh and we can invite Ian! He's super cool oh and Brian too, you'll like them." I say and text the both of them. They both agree to go.

"Cool, I get to meet your friends!" Lily says and hops off the stool.

"They are Shawns friends, but I've gotten pretty close with them." I say and then take another bite of my apple.

--

"I'm just gonna wear sweats, we aren't going anywhere fancy. They guys will more than likely be wearing sweats or basketball shorts." I say and grab my sweat pants. 

"Okay good because I  don't feel like getting dressed up." Lily says and grabs some clothes.

"I'm going to get one of Shawns hoodies real quick." I say and run over to Shawns room. I find one of the Shawn Mendes merchandise hoodies and so I grab it and put it on. 

I go to the bathroom and take a mirror selfie with it and I post it on Instagram. Immediately I see that Shawn liked and commented. He went and commented  "Woah! I'm so honored!😍😍" 

I smile and laugh and I like his comment, then he texts me.

My Canadian😍: You look hot in my clothes😱