Chapter Nineteen

"Wow this is a lovely home you two." Miss Carter says as she walks in. "Yeah it sure is big." My dad says and looks around. "Thank you." I say and as I bring  in the last of their bags.

"So um I wasn't really expecting anyone else. Lily do you mind sleeping on the couch? Miss Carter can sleep in my room." I say and lily nods.

"Don't be ridiculous honey I'll just share a room with your dad." Miss Carter says and smiles. I feel my stomach twist up and I feel nauseous. "Oh. Okay." I say and fake smile. I look at Lily and she is just as shocked as I am.

"Where will you sleep?" My dad asks me. "I'll sleep with Shawn." I say and my dad gives me a look. He really doesn't have any room to say anything right now.

"Oh okay." He says. Shawn shows them to the guest room and I go to get some water because I'm feeling a bit light headed.

--

Shawn's POV

After I got Jim and Cathrine settled in I went down stairs. Yes I'm allowed to call them by their first names because that's what they insisted on the plane ride here. I think Bella's dad is starting to like me more and more.

"Hey." I say when I go into the kitchen and I see Bella sitting in a stool staring into space. She's clearly in deep though. "Hey." She says and let's out a sigh.

I go and wrap my arms around her from behind and I give her a kiss on the neck. I rest my head on her shoulder and she smiles a little bit.

"You couldn't have warned me?" She says and looks at me. "I'm sorry. Your dad asked me not to say anything and I guess I just really wanted to gain his trust." I say and she just looks at me for a second.

"Geez Shawn. Why are you such a good guy?" She says and then smiles. "Because you make me a better person." I say causing her to blush. "Woah get me some chips because this just got cheesy." She says and laughs at her own lame joke. I laugh at the fact that she thought it was funny.

"Wow. That was some joke." I say and she just nudges my shoulder. "Seriously though. What do I do?" She asks me and rests her head in her hand.

"We'll give it a couple of days and get to know Cathrine in a different way. Maybe she'll surprise you." I say and she turns and gives me a look.

"Cathrine? So you guys are in a first name basis now?" She says and we both laugh. "Yeah I guess people just like me." I say and shrug my shoulders. She rolls her eyes and gets up.

"Okay well I guess I should try and get to know her. I mean I already know her, but as my cheer coach. Not my dads girlfriend." She says and makes a face. 

"Alright well come on." I say and wrap my arm around her waist as we walk to the living room. Lily is sitting on the couch watching tv. She's pretty much already made herself comfortable here. 

"Okay so tell me how things have been here?" Jim says when him and Cathrine come into the living room. "It's been pretty good. Tour has been so much fun and I've been writing some songs too." Bella says and her dad seems very happy for her.

"That's great! How have you two been?" Her dad asks and gives us a look. I look over at Lily and she looks like she wants to laugh. "We've been good. You've got an amazing daughter here." I say and smile at Bella. She blushes a little and then lays her head on my shoulder.

"So uh how did this happen?" Bella asks and motions at her dad and Cathrine. Cathrine laughs a little and looks at Jim. "Well your dad was taking a run in the park and hurt his ankle and I helped him. We started talking and I guess that's where it all started." She said and Bella nodded and smiled. 

"So um how long have you guys been dating?" Bella asks. "Um a few weeks now." Jim says and smiles really big at Cathrine. We all talked for a little while longer and I think Bella is warming up to Cathrine.

--

Bella's POV

We talked with Cathrine and my dad for a bit and they seem to really like eachother. I still can't help but feel off about this though. It's nothing wrong with her, it's just this weird feeling I have. 

Everyone is in their rooms getting ready for bed. I walk into Shawns room and go into the bathroom where he is brushing his teeth. He isn't wearing anything except his boxers, but I'm used to it. 

"So what do you think of her?" Shawn asks after he spits into the sink. I grab my tooth brush and let out a sigh. "She's great and really likes my dad." I say and just look down at the sink.

"Well you don't  seem to happy." Shawn says as he dries his hands. "Yeah I don't know. It just feels weird." I say and he comes and wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "Do you think maybe because you know she could possibly be your new mom?" Shawn asks and I look at him in the mirror.

"I actually never thought of it like that."  I say. Shawn just kisses my cheek and then walks out of the bathroom. I wash up and brush my teeth. I guess I'll talk with Cathrine tomorrow.

I walk out to the bed and Shawn is sitting up on his phone. I climb in the bed and sit in front of him. He doesn't look at me because he's distracted by that stupid phone. 

I lean forward and peek at his phone and see he's on Twitter. I grab the phone and put it on the night stand and he looks at me and smiles. "You know I love you right?" He says and now our faces are almost touching. "Yeah I know. I love you more." I say and and he smiles.

He grabs me by the waist and flips us over so that I'm laying on my back and he's leaning over me. "Not possible." He says and then he begins to kiss my lips. He moves from my lips to my neck causing me to giggle a little bit because it tickled.

He looks up at me and laughs a little bit. I wrap my arms around his neck and adjust myself so that I'm snuggled up next to him. "I want you to know that I think you are the most beautiful human being I've ever laid eyes on." He says causing me turn all kinds of red.

"Shawn you are absolutely the sweetest!" I say and kiss his cheek. He turns off the lamp and we fall asleep. 

All of a sudden I feel Shawn get up. "Where are you going?" I ask and he turns and looks at me. "The buzzer is going off. Someone is at the gate." He says and puts some shorts and a shirt on.

I look at the time and it's three in the morning.  "Well I'm not letting you go by yourself." I say and put on some shorts. We both quietly walk downstairs so we don't wake anyone up.

We check the security cameras to see who's at the gate and I cannot believe what I'm seeing. Why is he here? How does he know where I live?

--

Who is at the gate? Comment who you think it is

Thanks for reading you guys! I love love love you! Have a great rest of the day/night! 

-Nicole🌺