Meeting a new friend

You woke up the next morning yawning. As you stretched you saw that the girl you saved yesterday was awake, but she was trembling in fear.

????: Wha-what are you going to do to me?

(Y/N): It's okay I'm not going to hurt you.

You gently hugged her and she slowly calmed down. Her blue eyes glistened with tears she was close to crying. She finally composed herself and laid against you. You wanted to let go but she wouldn't and started to hold you tighter. You sighed.

(Y/N): Okay. My name is (Y/N). What's yours?

????: Marie.

(Y/N): Well then Marie could you tell me what you were doing alone at what I can only assume was 8 in the evening?

Marie: I was looking for my friend, her name is Patricia.

(Y/N): Well then maybe I can help you find her.

Marie: Really?

You saw a look of happiness in her eyes.

(Y/N): Of course anything for a friend, especially cute ones like yourself.

Marie smiled, blushed, and buried her face in your shirt.

Marie: (seven times) Thank you.

(Y/N): Alright, But before we start I'm going to get some breakfast. Pancakes sound good?

Marie: Sure.

(Y/N): Help yourself to anything you find, and if someone knocks don't answer it.

You got up and left. You wandered around a little getting your bearings when you came across a diner.

(Y/N): Huh. "Mad Man Cafe." Hope it's good.

You put the hood of your cloak down as you walked in and saw someone oddly familiar preying on yet another young lady a quarter of his age. After pick-pocketing him you tapped his shoulder again.

(Y/N): Hey, remember me scrub?

Medici goon: Yeah I remember you, and I'm prepared this time.

He pulled out a machete and swung at you. You tripped him with your right foot, caught him with your left, and flung him out the door.

(Y/N): I don't think you'll have to worry about him again. Nice to meet you name's (Y/N).

????: Filia. Thank you.

(Y/N): No problem Filia. I can't stand creeps like him who prey on the, seemingly, weak and defenseless.

Before she could respond you walked to a different bench at the counter and got an ordered. After two minutes of Filia staring at you you finally spoke up.

(Y/N): Can I help you? Or at least ask you why you're staring at me?

Filia: I'm just wondering if I've seen you before.

You order was finished and given to you. You paid with the perv's stolen money and walked over to Filia.

(Y/N): Probably not. I would remember someone as cute as you.

You gave her a boop on the nose and left to deliver a breakfast to Marie. You sat at the small table in the hotel room, and were happily enjoying the breakfast with Marie sitting across from you.

(Y/N): I need to know something about your friend Patricia.

Marie: What would that be exactly?

(Y/N): What she looks like. I need to know what I'm looking for. And by that I mean I'm going to leave you here when I look for her.

Marie: Why?

(Y/N): Because this city is filled with people who would take the first chance they get to hurt you. And I'm worried that the next time I won't be able to protect you from them.

Marie stopped eating, got up, walked over to you, and gave you a hug with tears in her eyes.

(Y/N): Did I make it that obvious that I care about you?

Marie nodded. When she let go she started fishing in her dress for something. She finally found it and it turned out to be a photograph of her and someone else, whom you assumed was Patricia. You took the photo in your hand and looked at it. You looked at Marie with a smile.

(Y/N): Don't worry I'll do my best to find her.

You gave Marie a quick kiss on the forehead before grabbing your things, basically two butterfly knives and the cash from the perv's wallet, and left. When you left the building you put the hood of your coat up and began walking around, every now and then asking someone if they had seen Patricia.

~End chapter~

To those of you who are still here. The only major adjustment I made to the overall story was the fact that Marie wasn't given the Skullheart and didn't become the skullgirl. If you know the story of the game then you know what happened to Patricia. To those of you who don't, strap in for the ride.