Getting to know you... again part 1

Soon Raf comes back and pops his head around the door. "She hasn't slept like this in a while, must better a lot more stable" the nurse admits.
"Maybe you should leave him here tonight" the nurse says.

"I would but she didn't want to have him overnight" Raf says.

"It's just gentle pushing, I'm sure she won't mind... tell her you're needed in work" the nurse prompts.

"I'll try" Raf says and He goes back into Cara.

"Caz" Raf whispers.

"Yeah?" She mumbles.

"Why don't you have Lewis tonight" Raf says.

"No!" She panics.

"Why not ?" Raf questions.

"What if I hurt him" she says.

"You won't" Raf smiles.

"What if I do" she panics.

"You won't, I promise" Raf smiles softly.

"You promise?" Cara says.

"It's gonna be okay Caz, your a brilliant mum to him" Raf smiles.

"I think you should have him" she mutters.

Raf gently places a hand on her leg and says "he really wants to be with his mummy"

"How do you know" Cara says as she puts Lewis in the car seat as her arms are hurting.

"I can just tell" Raf smiles and She looks down at him.

Cara nods slowly, "but I want my phone" she says.

"Would you like some fresh pyjamas too?" He asks.

"Please" she says.

"How about something nice too? Any food you'd like?" He questions.

She shakes her head, "Right I'll be back soon" Raf smiles and Cara nods as she sits watching Lewis.

After about ten minutes Cara picks Lewis up and walks around with him, The doctor comes in and puts a tag on Lewis's foot and then tells Cara they're putting her on a normal ward in a side ward with three other women.

Cara panics a little, "It'll be fine... there's a room where you can warm bottles up and clean them and you can also bath your baby if you like?" The doctor smiles.

Cara just looks at him, "You'll be able to have Lewis with you as long as you take your medication"
The doctor adds, Cara nods slowly.

Cara smiles as she continues to walk around the room with Lewis. She kisses Lewis's head.

Soon enough Raf arrives back at the hospital, He comes back to Cara walks around the room.

"Everything okay" he asks.

Cara nods and kisses Lewis's head.

Raf smiles at her "Your stuff is just outside" Raf smiles.

"Thanks" she says.

"He's got plenty of nappies, cream and nappy bags... also pyjamas his blanket and a few dummies and bottles" Raf says.

She puts Lewis down and walks over to Raf.

Raf gives her a small smile, She raises her hand to his face and slaps him, "that's for getting me sectioned... and this is for looking after Lewis" she smiles and kisses him.

Raf rubs his cheek, She looks at him a little unsure of how he's feeling.

He then leans in to give her a kiss in return. "I love you" she mutters.

"I love you too Caz" Raf says.

She hugs Raf tightly and he holds her close. "I promise everything is going to be okay" he whispers.

She holds him tightly and doesn't let go, "you promise?" She asks and he nods and kisses her head.

"Would you like anything?" Raf asks.

"I want you to stay here with me" she mumbles.

"I can't, I'm sorry but I'll be back tomorrow" he says.

She nods and pulls away from him, He gives her a faint smile.

"You better be going then, you don't want to leave Emily at school" Cara says.