Just 15 Minutes After Arriving.. (Ch 9)

JAKE POV

“AH!!” A loud scream sounded form upstairs, making all of us immediately straighten up in our seats. We looked up to the ceiling and back at each other before we launched out of our seats. I was the fastest, running up the stairs in seconds time—the loud pounding of the others’ footsteps behind me.

“Lucy?!” I shouted, my deep voice echoing off the narrow hallway walls. I turned her doorknob only to find the door locked. Not wasting time, I threw my body against the door, ripping it completely off its hinges with one blow and ran inside ran inside the small bedroom. Lucy was nowhere to be found, but when I saw the bathroom light on, I rushed to it. “Lucy!” I yelled once more as I took the three steps necessary to get to the door. I stopped short when I made it through the door.

It really wasn’t what I was expecting. With the way she screamed, you’d think she was getting attacked by some wild animal. I felt my body getting thrown forwards as the other guys made it, bumping into me after I had stopped abruptly. We all stood in the tight doorway, taking in the sight before us. The bathroom was completely drenched, water everywhere. Droplets were falling from the ceiling, down the walls, and onto the floor where there was already nearly half a foot of water. Lucy stood in front of us beside the bathtub, the shower head in her hand as it continued to drip. I hadn’t realized what she was wearing until a little while after, but when I did I could feel my cheeks heat up. There she stood clad in only a short black towel, her hair piled atop her head. Her eyes were wide, staring at us, her mouth agape.

“What the hell happened?” Sam exclaimed looking at his distressed bathroom.

“I-I-“ Lucy began, clearly not knowing where to begin. “I turned on the water and it just started spurting out like crazy!” She shook the shower head at us.

Sam grumbled, clearly upset about his bathroom. “It was working before..”

Lucy shook her head, “No. Not anymore. Clearly.” She motioned to the dripping ceiling.

“Yeah guess not. Well just use the bathroom in the hall. Are you okay?” He replied taking the showerhead from her hand and setting it in the bathtub.

“Yeah I’m fine. Just really sorry about this.” She bit her bottom lip looking up at Sam with guilt.

Sam shook his head, “Nah Luce, it’s obvious this wasn’t your fault.” He turned around. “I have to go get some things to clean this up.” He patted my shoulder and walked out.

“Um.. this is awkward.” Seth muttered obviously referring to Lucy’s lack of clothes.

I turned back to him, casting him a warning look. . For some reason having the other guys see her like that bothered me. And I know I had no grounds to feel that way. Well.. Actually I did. But she didn’t know that. Lucy immediately looked down at herself and I could see the crimson tint form on her cheeks. She crouched lower, trying to make her towel look longer, but it really didn’t do much.

“Then leave.” I hissed to the others who immediately fled, muttering to each other.

It was just her and me left in the soaked bathroom. She looked at me and stuck out her lower lip, sighing. “I’m here for fifteen minutes and I’ve already wrecked a bathroom.”

I chuckled, walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her wet toweled body “It wasn’t your fault.”

She looked up at me, the pout still on her lips. “Still. How embarrassing.”

I shook my head at her. “Stop. It’s not embarrassing. Trust me. Worse has happened.”

She smiled, placing her small hands on my face. “You’re great, you know that?” She smushed my cheeks in playfully.

Her smile was quickly replaced with a worried look. “And hot.”

My eyebrows furrowed at this. What? She would never be that blunt.

“Jake, You’re really hot.” Her worried look deepened as her hands ran over my face. “Your temperature is really high!” Oh. That. Crap. Think Fast!

“Well after you screamed murderously, I kinda ran all the way up the stairs.” I reasoned, hoping to God she’d believe. I definitely didn’t want to tell her this way.

She looked up a little confused, but I could tell she was accepting it. “Oh, sorry. I must have scared you when I screamed like that.” She bit her lips again, a nervous habit she had.

“Yeah you did. But it’s okay.” I ruffled her hair, making a few strands fall out of the clip and onto her shoulders.

“Alright, well I better go take that shower.”She tightened the towel around herself. “I’ll see you in a little bit.”

***

LUCY POV

After my shower I quickly rushed into my room, not wanting to risk another awkward moment like before. After digging into my suitcases I pulled out a pair of dark jeans and a black mini button up sweater with a white tank top underneath. I quickly applied my makeup, making sure it was perfect before pulling my hair out of the clip and letting it fall down my back. I hadn’t washed it since I had already done so this morning. I ran my fingers quickly through it and took a quick glance into the full length mirror on my way out. When I got out of my room, I felt my body collide into a large, hard, object sending me onto the floor.

“Agh!” I looked up to see Embry standing in front of me. “Embry?”

“Oh sorry Lucy.” He offered me his hand and helped me up. “You okay?”

“Yeah, no worries. What are you in a rush for?”

“Bathroom.” He whizzed past me and into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him with a slam.

I laughed and continued on downstairs. I was surprised to find the living room empty. Usually it was the gathering place for the guys. I walked down the tiny hallway towards the voices of Emily and Sam coming from the kitchen.

“Oh hey, Lucy.” Emily greeted, setting down a pan in the middle of the table. “Was the bathroom working?” She laughed, clearly teasing me.

“Ugh, stoopp.” I whined, jumping up onto the counter and sitting. “You told her?” I turned to Sam.

He shrugged from where he stood by the oven. “She didn’t let me have the mop unless I told her.”

“Sorry about that Em.”

“Stop apologizing.” She patted my arm. “And that’s the last time I’m going to let Sam install a shower. I’ll

tell you that.” She threw her thumb over her shoulder in Sam’s direction.

“Hey!” He interjected. “I’m a fine craftsman!”

Emily turned to her fiancé. “Craftsman yes. Plumber.. no.” she laughed.

Sam scowled at this, turning back around.

“Aww.” Emily walked over and turned him around, planting a soft kiss on his lips. “you’re still an amazing man.”

I watched their small cute exchange and smiled. I was a hopeless romantic, I admit so anything having to do with love made me feel all fuzzy inside. I’d never had luck with love, even in New York. Sure, I’ve been on dates with some guys that I went to school with and some were even from the company, but all of them were just either too immature, too rude, or too into themselves to be with. So there’s the hopeless part. And hoped that would all change here in LaPush. Somehow, I would be able to land myself in my own little love story.