Going Under (Ch 30)

LUCY POV

It was finally the middle of November, the fifteenth actually, which meant the first marking period at Forks High was almost over meaning I’m finally going to be able to go to school with the boys. It had been really hard on Jake and me with him being away from me for so long during the day and sometimes night. He tells me though, that he comes in through my window every morning to say good morning and give me a kiss, and I’ve tried to wake up in time so I would be actually alert when he came, but it just never worked out. Some days, Jake would have patrolling to do, and since he was the Beta, unlike the rest he had more hours along with Sam who went every day. So on those four days of the week, Jake would call me late in the night after his shift and I always made sure I was awake for that. I really don’t know how I survived three years without seeing this boy. I’m going through withdrawal right now after four days without him. Actually, it was longer than that. Last Sunday, Jake had this huge project he had to work on at the library after procrastinating and Billy had another doctor’s appointment so I didn’t even get a chance to see him. And all that stuff is slowly catching up to him. Jared, Embry, and Quil are always telling me how he’s always caught falling asleep in class and in lunch he doesn’t even eat, he naps. Poor baby.

But today was Friday, and like every Friday, Jake had off meaning he was all mine for the night. I was more than excited to finally see my boyfriend- so excited that I’ve spent a good hour in my room so far getting myself ready. I decided on a dark brown cardigan with sheer sleeves that tied around the waist, dark skinnies, and a pair of my beige boots. I usually don’t wear heels, but a few times over these past weeks, I did and it just made things a little easier with Jake. He was always having to bend down so much for me, but with the few inches help.. alright it didn’t help that much, but it looked good.

I was now waiting on the porch, sitting on the steps and wrapping my arms around myself against the cold wind chill. After a few moments the low rumble of an engine was heard as Jake’s Black Chrysler slowly rolled to a stop a few yards away from the house. I beamed as he got out of the car clad in a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt. Ignoring the head rush from standing too fast, I ran straight for him, focusing on nothing but his wide grin.

“JAKE!” I screamed before launching into him.

With his help, I had my legs around his waist, arms around his neck, and lips on his within seconds. He wasted no time to respond, his lips moving swiftly against mine. I lifted my hand and ran it up into his hair, grabbing some of it. He let out a soft moan against my lips in response as one of his hands also went to the back of my head and pushed me harder against him, our tongues exploring deeper. It was my turn to let a soft sigh escape and to this his arms wrapped around me tighter. Tighter than he’d ever gripped me. At first I ignored the slight pain I felt, grabbing a bunch of Jake’s shirt and pulling him closer if possible. It had been too damn long and I needed to have his taste on my lips. After a while with Jake’s grip tightening more and more by the second, I was finding it hard to breath, especially since he was already taking some of my air. I quickly pulled away with Jake’s lips quickly chasing mine but I put my hand over them to stop him.

“O-ow.” I softly let out now feeling as if my ribcage was being crushed.

Jake immediately realized what he was doing and loosened his grip, turning with me and placing me on the hood of his truck.

“I’m sorry, baby. Are you okay?” His hands ran along my sides, rubbing away any pain that was there.

I smiled and caught my breath my chest rising and falling rapidly. “Yeah.. I’m perfect. Don’t worry.”

I placed my hands on his shoulders right beside his neck and cupped the smooth skin.

“I missed you so much.”