Hide and Seek

I walked down Urwiler Ave past the old church. I passed by the large brown brick house next to it where the pastor and his family used to live. I used to walk by it every day and there would be this little girl playing outside but one day she left. Three days later the moving truck came. I never saw her again. Now the house has been empty for three years. I opened the gate to the house. I walked around the abandoned backyard until I found the back door. I kicked it open.

"Alexa?" I called

"Alexa?" I called.

Nothing.

"Hayden?" I called.

"Stop who goes there?" A voice called.

"I'm looking for my sister Alexa," I said.

"The girl with the boy?" The person asked.

"Yes them," I said.

"There on the 2nd floor," the person said. I figured out it was a girl maybe only nine years old.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Lauren," she said stepping into the light.

"I'm Gracelynn thanks for telling me," she said.

"Your welcome," she said.

I walked past the dusty fireplace.I walked up the old stairs with the hobble looking yellow carpet on it. I looked around on the 2nd floor. There were four rooms one room where the door was cracked open with a purple rock.I opened the door. The fireplace was lit and two people were sitting there.

"Alexa?" I asked.

They both turned around.

"You made it!" Alexa exclaimed.

"Yeah I did," I said. I sighed I was really tried.

I laid down by Alexa and Hayden and I watched the sunset through the boarded up windows.Then Alexa fell asleep an hour after the sun went down. I was just me and Hayden.

"What are we going to do?" I asked Hayden.

Hayden looked at the fireplace. "Go to school tomorrow steal some of the school's food," he said.

I groaned."Okay," I replied.

"Is the food good?" he asked.

"Not really," I replied.

"I got the transfer slip so I can go to school tomorrow." He said.

"What about the job?" I asked.

"We just can't tell talk about it here or near her," he said.

I looked at Alexa. "Hayden, what was life like before you got the job?" I asked.

Hayden sighed. "It's a long story and we need to go to bed," he replied.

"Okay Goodnight Hayden," I said.

"Goodnight," he said.

I laid there wondering what he could be hiding. I got board after he fell asleep I went up stairs onto the 3rd floor. As I went up the old creaky stairs I couldn't help but wonder why no one would want this house. When I got to the landing of the 3rd floor I looked around and saw a little kitchen play set and there was a notebook. It said on the cover If you find this please come find me and my dairy. I must have been up there for hours because I could see the Sun beginning rise from the cracks of the boarded up windows. I ran down stairs.
Hayden and Alexa were still asleep.
"Time to get up!" I yelled.
Alexa and Hayden groaned.
"C'mon get up!" I yelled.
Hayden sat up.
Alexa opened her eyes. "Why is there so much dust on you?" She asked.
"I don't know" I lied.
"Alright let's get going now, then," Hayden said.
We walked down the stairs and went down the street to our school Alexa went to her bus stop because she went to a different school than me. When we got there we barely made it on time. There stood Mr. Longhorn like always.
"Who are you?" He asked Hayden.
"Sir my name is Hayden and I am a transfer student from New York," Hayden said casually.
"I'm Mr.Longhorn," he said. "I'm glad to see you both now go take a seat," Mr. Longhorn said.
We sat down at our desks and class begun.