Guess who's back?

I woke up the next morning with my head on Hayden's head. I don't remember how I got there. There was a knock on the door. I opened it. 

"Hello," I said sleepily.

"Someone is here to see you in the lobby, just you not the boy." She said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"I don't know," the nurse replied.

"Okay," I said.  Then I went to get my shoes on. The nurse went over to Alexa who was still asleep.

I whispered to Hayden, "I got weapons in my boot don't worry." I said.

"But what if..." He whispered.

"Take care of her with your life," I said. 

Then when the nurse's back was turned I pulled the knife out of my left boot and handed it to him.

"Have it," I said.

"Really?" He said. 

"Yes," I replied. Then Hayden slipped the into his pocket.

"Thanks, Gracelynn," he said. 

Then I walked out of the room and closed the door. I sighed. I had a bad feeling about this. I walked down to the lobby.

"There you are Gracelynn," said a firmer voice. 

My Aunt. Oh no.  I turned to where I had heard her. She was sitting in a chair in a purple shirt and blue jeans.

"Hey," I said. 

"Child start talking," she said,

"No please you," I said mostly because I didn't want to explain everything.

"Very well, I spent nearly a week in Puerto Rico, then they told me you left," she said. "And Al is fine, I heard the house got broken into and you three were missing." She said. 

"Yeah, it was only five robbers trying to kidnap us," I said as if it wasn't a big deal.

"FIVE?" She yelled.

"Yeah," I said.

"So why is my kid here?" She asked.

"We got in a fight she tried to run away but she ran into something as we were chasing her," I said.

"What'd she hit?" My Aunt asked.

"My fist," I said quickly.

"Where have you been living for the last week?" she asked.

"An abandoned house for two days, a barn in the same yard for the rest," I replied. 

"Why didn't you just go home?" She asked.

"We were going to but there was a bunch of police there," I replied.

"Oh," My Aunt said. "Hey, can you take me Alexa's room?" She asked.

"Umm Sure," I said then I took her to the room. 

She gave a slight glare to Hayden as she passed him.

"Geez, what did I do?" He whispered to me.

"She probably doesn't like you sorry," I whispered. 

"Why?"He whispered back.

"I don't know," I whispered to him.

"Hi!" Hayden said when my Aunt sat down in the chair.

"Hello boy," she said in a harsh tone.

"I'm Hayden, I've heard all about you mostly how wonderful you are," he said

Suck up. He was sucking up to my Aunt. How cute but I don't think it's going to work.

"Who are you?" My Aunt asked. 

"The boy from Puerto Rico, Miss" Hayden replied. "My name is Hayden," he said with a smile on his face.

"You're the boy," My Aunt said.

"Yeah," he replied.

"Are you too going to date each other?" Alexa interrupted. 

Hayden's face turned slightly red.

"You are aren't you?" My Aunt asked.

"Am I even allowed to?" Hayden asked.

"Yes," My Aunt said.

Hayden held my hand. I looked at him, he looked at me.

"Gracelyn Ricci, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I looked around the room they were all staring at me. 

"Yes!" I yelled. 

Then I hugged him. More like squeezed him. Who cares? I was so happy right now I could squeeze him to death. My Aunt started to tear up a little.

"My little girl has grown up!" My Aunt exclaimed.

Alexa just stared at us like we were crazy.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't know that was going to happen," she smiled.

"Neither did I," I replied. Then I hugged her gently. 

-------------------------

A few hours later the Doctor said Alexa was free to go. My Aunt drove us back to the barn to pick up are stuff that was still there exactly as before. We took our stuff pack it up. And put it into the trunk of my Aunt's car. Then we drove home.  That night when I walked into my room it looked like it was cleaned up quite a bit. And the window that had been broken into was now boarded up so good luck breaking in. Hayden slept on a sleeping bag on the floor in my room that night.  I forgot how soft my bed was.Al came into the room and laid down next to me I fell asleep in two minutes later with Al in my hands.