Run Away

"Come back, Alexa!" I yelled. 

She kept running. I ran after her. Hayden ran after me. Hayden stayed on her trail I ran down to the corner and hid until she ran to the corner. Then Bamm I hit her and she fell face first. 

"Get up Alexa," I commanded.

She didn't move. I flipped her over so I could see her. She laid lifelessly on the ground. 

"Oh my Lord did I kill her?" I screamed in panic.

"Go get help," Hayden said calmly. 

I ran back down the street I had run on earlier. I went up to the stone house and knocked on the door. A small woman with blonde hair and was very short.

"Hi! Can I help you?" She asked politely.

"I need a doctor my sister fell at the corner she hurt badly," I said quickly.

"Take me to this kid," The lady commanded. 

I took her to the end of the street. She looked at Alexa. She pulled out her phone and dialed 911.

"Hello?" She asked. "I have a kid knocked out on the corner," she said.

Then she hangs up. 

"There coming to take her to the emergency room," she said.  

"Thank you," I said.

"How did she get hurt?" The lady asked.

"She was running away from 'home' and we were trying to catch her and ran into the tree." I lied.

"Well that's terrible," she replied concerned. 

"Well look who showed up," Hayden said looking down the street.

The sirens grew louder.  Finally, it pulled up to the street. Men rushed out of the vehicles with a blue bed. They picked Alexa up and put her back into the truck.  Other men came to the lady.

"Are these your kids?" He asked the woman. 

"No sir," she said.

"Come with me kids," he said.

Hayden and I followed him into the white truck. We sat on the black seats and we silently rode behind the 1st truck to the hospital.  What was going to happen? Did I kill her? Would we fail the mission? I get so stressed out easily. What's wrong with me? Only two weeks ago I was kidnapped. And then I escaped into the woods. There I meet Al. Wait did I leave Al at the house? Oh, my God, I left him at the house. Is he alive? Did the police take him? I am so stressed out.  After I meet Al I came back to find out my mom was in charge of the madness. Then my Aunt showed up randomly. Then I left. Then just a few days ago I came home just for to robbed. Wow, it feels like it's been months since I was there.  

"We're here," the man said. 

We got out the car.  We walked into the hospital. We followed the man who followed Alexa and the other doctors. They went into one room. 

The man turned around "Sit there," he said pointing to the chairs.

We turned to see where he was pointing and went and sat in the waiting room.  It was dead silent it was very uncomfortable. I fell asleep on Hayden's shoulder.

-----------------------------------

6 hours later   

"Hey, kids wake up!" someone said.

I opened my eyes. "What?" I asked.

"She's awake," the person said. I looked at her she was probably the nurse.

"Okay thanks," I said getting up.

"Hayden get up," I said. 

He then woke up startled. "What?" he asked.

"She's awake," I said.

He got up. The nurse took us to her room. Then she left.

"Hey," I said.

"What happened?" she asked.

Hayden and I stared at each other.

"What do you remember?" Hayden asked.

"I remember running down the street getting hit by something," Alexa replied.

"Sorry about that, it was my fist," I replied.

"Do you remember why you were running?" Hayden asked. 

"Not really I just got mad about something," Alexa said.

"You were mad that I made you go to school," Hayden lied.

"Oh okay," she said with a smile.

"How bad did I hit you?" I asked.

"Really bad obviously," she replied."How are we going to pay for this?"  she asked.

"Don't worry about it," I said.

The nurse walked back in, "Time for you kids to go home," she said.

"No were staying," I said.

"No your parents can," The nurse replied sweatly.

"There in Africa where you can't contact them," I replied.

"Grandparents?" She asked.

"Dead," Hayden said.

"Other family?" she asked.

"None," I said with a frown.

"You kids sleep there," The nurse said pointing to the couch. 

"Thank you," Hayden said.

The nurse left and we went to bed (again).

-------------------------

Hi sorry, this took a few days to write it's done now yay!