In Alone

About midnight I woke up to the sound of Hayden throwing up. My Aunt said he couldn't go to school. The next day I got ready for school. Hayden was not happy about the idea about in on the mission alone.

"Please let me sneak in your Aunt's car," Hayden said.

"No your way to sick," I replied.

"I don't think it's safe," Hayden said.

"Of course not. Do you not think I can do it?" I asked.

"Yes but..." Hayden said.

"You don't do you?" I asked.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Hayden said.

"I won't, do you think I can't take care of myself?" I asked annoyed.

Silence.

"Wow," I said. 

Then I put my boots on then I put my knife in my boot. Then I walked over to my desk with my other weapons on it. I took a small pocket knife and then I put it in the other boot. Then I put my jacket on. I said nothing. I grabbed my backpack and I walked out of my room. 

"Gracelynn!" Hayden called out.

I walked down the stairs.  

"Let's go," I said.

"Are you going to eat?" My Aunt asked.

"Not hungry," I said.

"Okay let's go then," My Aunt said."Alexa were leaving!" My Aunt yelled.

"Okay!" She yelled back.

We went into the car. 

"What's wrong?" My Aunt asked.

"Hayden thinks I can't handle myself," I said.

"I think he's worried about you," My Aunt said.

"No, he's not," I said.

"Gracelynn he's your boyfriend he's going to worry about you." My Aunt said calmly.

"Look let's just not talk about it I already have enough stress as it is," I replied.

"Gracelynn please quit," My Aunt said.

"No," I replied.

"Why?" My Aunt asked.

"Because they need me I want to protect our family and other families," I said.

"Just like you mother," My Aunt mumbled.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing," she said.

I was highly annoyed. 

"WHY THE HELL DO YOU HATE MY MOTHER? YOU USED TO TALK ABOUT HER SO NICELY BUT MY MOTHER GAVE ME UP TO HELP OTHER HELP PEOPLE BESIDES HERSELF! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF! MY MOTHER IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER HAVE!" I yelled.

 I opened the door and got out of the car and ran to school.

"GRACELYNN!" My Aunt yelled after me.

I didn't care.  I felt a sharp pain in my leg where my boot was. I walked into the bathroom. And I took my boot off. I had forgotten to put the safety lock on the pocket knife and it had open and cut my leg down to my ankle. I closed the knife and locked the safety on it. And then I put my knife in the other boot. I put my boot on. Then I walked to the nurse's office. 

"Hello sweety," The nurse said.

"Hi I cut myself," I said.

"Where at?" The nurse said.