Setups and regrets

I walked in to see him. He was just sitting there on the bed. He looked much better now that blood wasn't dripping from his face. Much cleaner still had a black eye.

"Hey," He said. 

I sat down next to him. In a chair. He stared at me.

"Hey," I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No," I replied.

"Why not? You saved us all." 

"I ruined my sister's life because I shot him in front of her," I said looking down.

"No, if that man wasn't there holding us hostage it wouldn't have happened," he replied.

 I began to cry. For real this time. "I should have listened to you, I should have brought you to school, I should not have left my boyfriend and my partner alone. I shouldn't have gone in alone." I said sobbing. "I could have stayed and saved us," I said.

"There was no way you could have known," he said trying to comfort me. 

"That guy works for my Dad," I said. 

"You had said you killed other people recently right?" He asked.

"I did... oh shit it's a setup!" I said.

"What?" Hayden asked. 

"He figured out that I killed the bitches with my knife then he asked me and still didn't think I was able to do that. So he questioned me I lied.  Evidence still pointed to me so they sent violent hostage dude then he asked for Dad so Dad could see what I could do. Then the gun I found in the car was meant for me to find. And hostage guy obviously went overkill." I said. 

"Possibly," Hayden said with a blank stare. 

"Are you okay?"  I  asked. 

"Sorry it the medicine," He said. "I need to rest," He said. He closed his eyes. 

"Go to sleep then, I love you," I said kissing his hand. He fell fast asleep.

 I got up and left. I saw my Dad and my Aunt sitting in the waiting room.  I sat down across from them.

"Well," I said. 

"I need to talk to you in private," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I said getting up. 

We walked outside. We sat down under a small shelter a block away.

"What is it?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry for what I'm about to say," he said.

"I well fucking know it was a setup," I said slamming my fist down into the table.

"Ya, he wasn't supposed to hurt any of them," he said. 

"Then I'm glad I killed him," I said.

"You shouldn't be able to enjoy murder your my sweet little..." he said.

I cut him off, "Don't you get it? I'm not sweet and hell I ain't innocent!" I yelled.

"What?" He asked.

"After we thought you and mom died my Aunt made me take karate and I became a black belt within a year, Then I kicked a few boys from school.Got kidnapped escaped lived in the wilderness for three days. And I swear if that guy killed my wolf his body is gonna be target practice.Anyway, after that, I went home after my Aunt flying to Puerto Rico to get me but I refused and went with Hayden while she was fighting with Mom. Then we were back Alexa showed up then we got attacked by freaking ninjas. Ended up killing some of them. Others were injured and obviously survived. Then we were homeless for awhile. I ain't sweet and innocent," I said annoyed.

"Oh," He replied.

"Ya," I said. 

"Well, what were the results of your set up?" I asked. 

"You killed those spies." He said. "Why?" 

"I have no motive to kill them why would I kill them? Well, everything else has been done out of self-defense or to protect." I replied.

Dad sighed. 

"Why were you late to eat that morning?" He asked. 

"Because I overslept," I laughed.

"LIES!" He yelled.

"Damn if you think it's me then send me to jail!" I yelled back.

"I'm giving you two days to confess or we will hunt you down," he said.

"You touch my family you will die," I said.

"There my family too," he said.

I glared at him. I got up and left. This was not going to be an easy talk with my Aunt or Hayden.

--------------------

HI

VOTE

Comment 

share

Have an awesome summer!