Enjoy It While You Can.

[Dream]

        A peaceful (f/c) glow emits from the sky, where a sun usually would be, but is not present. You stare up at the sky with a large smile, enjoying the warm rays of the invisible sun. Around you is the muffled chatter of your loved ones speaking to one another. Taking your eyes away from the (f/c) atmosphere, you dreamily gaze at the two large (y/a)s who are having a polite conversation with a blue hedgehog.

        "Hey Sonic! Are my parents bugging you?" You laugh as Sonic turns his head to you and pulls a face that says, "Please help me!" You are about to save him from Mama and Papa when suddenly you feel a hand on your shoulder.

        "Hey girl!" It's your best friend. You are so happy to see her that you forget all about Sonic's rescue mission and give the girl beside you a great big hug. "Dang, it's been some time!" she giggles and squeezes you tightly. Sheesh, déjà vu. I feel like I've done this before.

        "(Y/n)!" Mama is calling for you. "How about we all visit the carnival?"

        "Heck yeah!"

        This is so wonderful! Your friends and parents travel with you across the beautiful (f/c) forests and meadows to reach an enormous festival. Looking up your jaw seems to drop miles down when you spot the tallest roller coaster. "Guys! We have to go on that ride!" Everyone agrees with shining eyes and over-exaggerated smiles. Sonic and your best friend each grab one of your hands and together you skip toward the coaster.

        The time seems to skip by. You and your friends were staring down at the enormous drop down below, then suddenly you are playing fair games against your parents. Sonic and your friend are right beside you, rooting on as you try to shoot more targets than the adults. 20 shots, and you have taken down every one on the first try. (F/f) rains down from the sky in celebration of your victory. A goofy looking creature appears from behind the counter to give you a giant (f/a) plushy. Your eyes sparkle as you squish the soft animal in your arms.

        Everyone is laughing all at once. They don't seem to actually make a noise, but you know from their expressions that you must be looking ridiculously funny. Sonic has glittery white tears streaming from his eyes as you give him a sly grin and cuddle the (f/a) toy even closer. Today has been the best day in your life. However, you are now becoming very sleepy.
Papa tells you that it is time to go home. He gives a sweet smile and approaches you. You close your eyes and hug your stuffed animal to your face as you feel yourself being lifted by strong arms.

        "Here we are (Y/n), I think you might want to wake up."

        You open your eyes with a puzzled look at the strange tone in your father's voice. He had set you down at the edge of your lawn. A short cry of astonishment escapes your mouth at the image before you. The sky emits an angry red and orange glow, the same colors as the flames engulfing your home. Glass shatters as the blaze bursts through the windows, littering the once beautiful and manicured grass. The noise sounds like many piercing explosions going off at once.

        No! You weep into your hands as the only home you have ever known is destroyed. Moments later you lower your hands to see flames spreading quickly across the lawn, heading straight for you, your parents, and your friends. With a panicked tone you holler out to everyone to follow you. Knowing that everyone would be right behind you, you head straight into the forest.

        Keep running, you mentally scream at yourself, feeling as if you are being held back, as if you are going slow motion. Not a word comes from the mouths of those around you as you make your way through the forest.

        Suddenly you come to a halt at a large pond. You feel so frightened at the sight of it. The pond is pitch black, appearing to be a bottomless pit, and somehow you know that it actually is. You can only stand and watch as the forest across the pond bursts into flames. Is there even a reason to keep going? You fall to your knees, feeling cold and alone as none of your friends or family come to comfort you. Looking down into the black pond, you notice that it ripples with each tear that drips from your eyes.

        Water! We can put out the fire using water from the pond! Jumping to your feet, you turn around to face your friends and family. The ideas roll from you without making a sound, but you know that they hear it. They don't make a move. Your watery eyes dart around, looking between Mama, Papa, Sonic, and your best friend. A quiet, confused choking noise sounds from within your throat. One by one your parents and your friend turn around and disappear into the forest.

        Sonic is the only one left. He stands with a stiff posture, emerald eyes glaring into yours. That familiar quick-paced thump within your chest is back. "S-Sonic..." you stutter with a choked-up voice. "Aren't you going to...to even help...?"

        He takes in a deep breath, puffing out his chest and lifting his head up in a defiant manner. You feel a cold shiver of fear course through your body. When you think the hedgehog is about to approach you, he does the opposite. Without a second glance Sonic turns and speeds off into the forest. You stare in bewilderment until the last signs of the blue hedgehog disappear. From behind you hear an angry shout that echoes through your ears.

      "Get back here you speedy menace!"