Shoe Shopping!

The plane ride to town was terrible. You had sat in the passenger seat behind Tails while the young fox cub piloted. Since there were only two seats within this "Tornado," Sonic had perched himself on the nose of the plane...outside. You were so worried that he would fall off, but both boys had assured you that it was normal. "Sonic doesn't usually enjoy riding inside the plane," Tails had said.

        Shaking your head in disbelief, you couldn't help wondering if both the fox and hedgehog had gone insane. However, all thoughts of the boys had ceased when Tails had taken off into the air. You had given a frightful squeal, clenching the armrests on either side of you as if you were to fling out of the plane at any moment. Throughout the journey to Emerald Town, Sonic had sat on the wing beside you, tapping your shoulder in a joking manner, showing that he wasn't scared even out of the seat buckles. He had even gone as far as to pretend falling off of the plane, only to be seen later crawling back from the underside. With the fear numbing your mind, you didn't say a word the entire ride.

        "Here we are. Welcome to Emerald Town!" Sonic leaps from the plane just before it lands to the light grey sidewalk. "I remember when I used to live here. It was pretty nice, but now I enjoy the forest view much better." He trots to the side of the plane and holds a hand in front of you. Gratefully you grab onto it, and Sonic heaves you out of your seat to be brought gently to the ground. You nod your thanks, but double over as your stomach lurches, upchucking about half of your breakfast. "WHOA!" Sonic puts his hands over his eyes, making gagging noises as he hears wet splatting. Tails looks over his shoulder from inside the plane, hearing the commotion. Instantly he turns around, putting a gloved hand to his forehead in disgust.

        "Guys..." you weakly speak once you have stopped vomiting. "I don't want to fly ever again." Both boys giggle before receiving an unamused glare. Their laughs become nervous and eventually quiet as you continue to glower at them.

        "Well...Tails! Ya ready?" Sonic asks, distracting you from the awkward silence.

        The fox nods and yanks off the brown pilot goggles he had been wearing throughout the plane ride. "I just need to park the Tornado further down this alley."

        Sonic nods and approaches you, pulling your arm to lead you out of the path of the red plane. The machine slowly rolls into an alley-way, which is fortunately quite dark. Hopefully the emeralds inside will be hidden until Sonic and Tails have bought a safe to lock them in. After the engine and the lights go out, Tails jumps from the plane to join you and Sonic.

        "Alright (Y/n), we'll meet you back here in an hour?" Tails looks over to you as the three of you begin to stroll down the sidewalk. Wait what!? You stop in mid-step, the others doing so as well. Your eyes flicker between Sonic's and Tails'. They stare back with confused expressions. "Did I say something wrong?"

        You begin to mumble something, but your voice catches in your throat. It has been so long since you had been anywhere near people. Meeting two new friends near the wilderness is much more different than arriving in the crowded streets and shops of the city. Suddenly you feel sick to your stomach again; not from the plane ride, but from the terrifying thought of being alone among so many individuals. You scrunch your eyes up and clench your teeth together as you wait for the sick feeling to pass. Tails and Sonic exchange quizzical glances at each other.

        "...I don't think I can do this alone," you mutter, ears flat against your head in humiliating shame. Sonic stands beside you and gives your arm a reassuring pat.

        "Hey, it's alright. I'll go wherever you want to go." Opening your eyes, they reflect such thankfulness within their (e/c) irises that Sonic is almost taken aback. He turns to his friend, receiving a nod of agreement with the plan.