Just Ignore It.

You wake up pretty early, at least, for one who had stayed up so late in the night. Yawning, you turn over in the large, soft bed to see a pink hedgehog sleeping peacefully. With a jolt, you remember that after the party you and Amy went downstairs to share the guest room, while Knuckles slept on the couch and the others in their own bedrooms. 

        Silently you lift the warm covers off your (y/a) body and slip out. You shiver just a little, feeling the major difference between the cozy bed and cold air. Rumbling from your stomach tells you that it's time to eat breakfast, despite the number of snacks and sugary drinks consumed last night. Hand on the doorknob, you slowly twist it so your sleeping friend will not wake, then you sneak through the crack. A tiny moan is heard from behind so you freeze, turning your neck to see that Amy had just rolled over. You let out a breath and skitter away without a sound.

        In the kitchen, Tails is up and about, going between cupboards, the fridge, and a counter set up with supplies. He doesn't notice you standing nearby. You cough to catch his attention, also causing him to spill a few drops of a pinkish liquid from a container.

        "Oh, good morning, (Y/n)! Go ahead and sit at the table, I'm almost finished," Tails greets.

        You nod and trot across the room to sit at a chair by the large window. The smell of whatever Tails is making is infuriating your senses, but you try your best to be polite and wait. The landscape outside the window gives a perfect opportunity to just relax and daydream. Raspberry crêpes, you suddenly realize what the smell is. You knew it was familiar. 

        "Hey Knuckles, just in time!" you hear Tails exclaims in a hearty voice.

        "Mmm," says a deep rumble. "That smells really good."

        "Thanks! Go ahead and sit, I'll bring the crêpes to the table."

        While Tails is bustling about, grabbing plates and such, Knuckles sits at the table across from you. He sees you gazing out the window and looks out himself. When you see the movement in the corner of your eye you glance at him in a daze. The echidna's tan face turns a little pink around the edges and his eyes dart to and away from you.

        "S-So, not much of a dancer, huh? Me neither..." he randomly babbles. 

        Uh, right. Before you have a chance to respond, a furry fox arrives at the table with a stack of plates, forks, and the main dish of breakfast. Tails says to dig in, and you do. With raging hunger you gobble down a huge amount of crêpes and super sugary, raspberry syrup. 

        "Whoa, slow down," Tails warns, his blue eyes wide. "You shouldn't be pouring so much of that syrup. It's bad to eat a lot of sugar early in the morning." 

        You shrug and take another bite, receiving a sickened glance from Knuckles, who then asks for something healthier to consume. All the beautiful raspberry crêpes disappear after a few minutes. Your belly is feeling very full, and it even gurgles a little.

        "Going to hurl?" Knuckles asks with a bemused expression. You raise an eyebrow in questioning.

        "...no?"

        "You will, at some point." He shrugs after seeing your eyes roll. "Don't say I didn't warn you. Oh, morning, Sonic," Knuckles waves a fist in the air to the blue hedgehog leaning in the doorway. 

        Sonic comes in yawning, staring at everyone like you've all gone insane. Through another yawn, he asks why everyone is up so early. 

        "It's eight-thirty," Knuckles states.