Angel Island

When breakfast is finished you help Tails carry the dirty dishes to the sink. You twist the knob for the faucet but no water comes out. Tilting your head a little you stare at the sink with confusion, and you try the knob again. A little titter comes from behind you as Tails witnesses your mistake.

        "Ah...(Y/n). I haven't set up the plumbing yet, so you won't be able to use the sink." You turn around, embarrassment written on your face, and you slink back to the table. Tails follows as well, and the four of you are now seated once again.

        "So," Sonic begins, "What do you want to do?"

        Again? You sigh and roll your eyes. "I'll just follow you around...I guess?"

        Sonic nods with a serious expression, tapping at his chin. "Hmm...now what do we want to do? We need something fun to celebrate (Y/n)'s new house..." Knuckles suddenly jumps up with eagerness.

        "How about we visit Angel Island? I know she has never been there," he suggests. Your (e/c) eyes shine. Heck yeah I want to visit a floating island! Sonic notices your excited look and tuts with disappointment.

        "That's boring. You don't wanna go there, (Y/n)."

        Knuckles' eye twitches. You know what is to come next.

        "WHAT did you say?! ANGEL ISLAND IS NOT BORING, SONIC." He growls in anger and reaches across the table, attempting to jab the blue hedgehog in the chest with his pointed gloves.

        "Calm down!" Tails screeches.

        "Yeah. C'mon ya knucklehead," Sonic closes his eyes with a grin, "y'know there's nothin' really special about that rock anyway." The boy smirks and opens an eyelid, taunting the fuming echidna. Knuckles looks as if he's about to yell again, so you quickly interrupt with a bashful smile.

        "I'd like to visit Angel Island." You glance away in guilt at Sonic's betrayed expression. The hedgehog angrily sighs and crosses his arms.

        "Hmph. So much for following me around."

        Your ears twitch in irritation the sound of a chair squeaking against the wooden floor. Tails gets up from the table and heads into the kitchen. "Well you three have fun," he says. "I'll stay behind and set up the house's plumbing." Nodding, you gratefully thank the orange fox. Sonic stands up as well and bounds away to the front door.

        "Let's get this trip over with!"

        You hear the door slam open and footsteps leaving the house. Moments later the rumble of an engine echoes through the house. Knuckles rubs his face in his palms and grumbles. When his hands are removed he gives you a humiliated grimace and ambles away. A snort of laughter leaves you once the echidna is out of view. You turn to Tails and wave goodbye, before racing outside to join the two older boys in the Hurricane.

        After buckling in the glass roof falls down and the jet takes off high into the sky. You sigh and lean back, closing your eyes against the drifting clouds that soon come into view. A snicker causes you to reopen them, and you stare ahead to see Sonic giving quick glances over his shoulder. Once he sees you he instantly turns back to the steering controls, acting as if nothing had happened. However you hear another snicker and a feeling of alarm slowly rises.

        "Hey (y/a), you gettin' a little tired? Heheh..."

        From behind you hear a deep voice, "Sonic, don't you dare."

        "Ugh, fine Knuckles. Spoilsport."

        Your (e/c) eyes glance worriedly between the two, still confused about what could have happened. Eventually you just shake it off and watch the passing clouds.