Housewarming Party

Sonic, Tails, and Amy burst in through the front door. You quickly scramble to your feet as the Mobians push past Knuckles and crowd around you. Feeling overjoyed, you stretch your arms out and wrap them around all your friends, into a caring group hug.

        "Thank you all so much!" you gratefully say, squeezing firmly. Sonic and Tails make some strange squeaking noises and Amy hugs you back, crushing the breath from your chest. She also takes this group hug as an opportunity to latch onto Sonic's waist.

        "Whoa! Oh boy..." the blue hedgehog sighs. "Hey Knuckles! Why don't you join in on this?" he says while attempting to pry Amy off.

        You look up to see the red echidna standing awkwardly in the doorway, holding his gloved hands together. His violet eyes widen with a sliver of panic. "No no, I'm good!" Knuckles waves away in a dismissing manner.

        A loud noise distracts you, and you turn your head to see Amy jumping up and down. She squeaks in excitement and hysterically claps her hands together. "Do you know what this means? HOUSEWARMING PARTY!"

        Without explanation your three friends exchange glances and rush out the door. Huh? You tilt your head to the side at the sound of a deep, mechanical rumbling that soon disappears into the distance. Looking out the window you see that the Hurricane has gone, along with everyone else. Wait, what?! You shake your head confused. A low chuckle from behind, and you turn around to see Knuckles leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

        "They're off to get you gifts," he explains with a humorous smile. "Hope you don't mind if I stay empty-handed... I'm not really much of a shopper."

        After giving an understanding nod, your (y/a) ears lay flat against your head in anguish. You are thinking of all the debt you will have to pay off. I've really dug myself into a deep money pit... This thought is really causing stress on you. Maybe one day you'll have to apply for a job. With a sigh you plop yourself to the ground and sit with your back against the wall, waiting for your friends to return. Knuckles continues to stand, however he closes his eyes and becomes very quiet, as if he has fallen asleep.

        The sun is just beginning to set when the sound of a mechanical whirring awakens you from a light snooze. A minute later the door slams open when Sonic, Tails, and Amy arrive with boxes stacked in their arms. They set the boxes in the middle of the living room, slightly sweaty from the weight of the things. Your (e/c) eyes widen until they are almost popping out. That pile is huge! Knuckles also seems slightly impressed. He glances at you with an eyebrow raised, the expression asking, "Are you really worth it?"

        Sonic sniggers from near the boxes. "Don't get too excited yet! There's a whole lot more where this came from," he winks. Please, not much more! you inwardly beg. You jump to your feet and start to make way towards the window to see what else there is, however a pink body blocks you.

        "No! You have to wait until you open these presents first!" Amy shrieks, spinning you around toward the stack of boxes.

        "Okay, okay..." you mumble.

        Five bodies gather around the stack in the middle of the room. You think to yourself, It feels like Christmas has come early... Hesitantly you reach out to the package on the very top of the pile.

        "(Y/n)!" Amy excitedly screeches, slapping your hand away. "You have to open mine first!"

        Sighing, you rub the sore spot on your hand and observe as the pink hedgehog snatches a few boxes from the ground, almost causing the pile to tip over. You hear a growl and look up to see Sonic glaring at the girl.