Mission to Mystic Ruins

Tails looks down at his watch in shock. "Right now?!" he squeaks. "Will there be enough time to drop by the workshop and get the Hurricane?"

        Through the radio, "Yeah, the danger is long gone now. This is a pursuit!"

        The young fox frowns and looks up from his watch to gaze at you. Quietly he whispers to his wrist, "What about (Y/n)?"

        "Bring her!"

        Tail's face begins to redden in discomfort as you continue to listen to the conversation. He turns away, trying to hide his voice. "...not sure that's a good idea," you overhear. Your eyes find the floor, and you remember the argument that Sonic and Tails had last night. Tails must be really worried for your safety, but Sonic believes that you can be of help to this mission. Your thoughts are interrupted by the exasperated sigh coming from the static in Tails' watch-radio.

        "C'mon Tails! Okay fine, let's ask what she wants."

        You are met by a pleading stare. "Think this through carefully," Tails warns.

        Nervously you nod and slowly approach the little fox. "I want to help...but—"

        "Alright!" Sonic cuts you off. "Now get over here as fast as you can while Tails gets the Hurricane!" Loud static blasts, then there is silence as Sonic leaves communication.

        "I'm really unsure about this. Maybe you should ride with me to the workshop?" Tails asks.

        Your face feels as if it is turning green just thinking about flying in that red plane. Blue eyes full of worry meet yours as you rapidly shake your head in rejection. "I'll be fine Tails, it's not that far." Using your speed you sprint to the front door and swing it open, feeling somewhat guilty by the sad sigh that is left behind.

        It does not take very long for you to reach the birch tree with a hole dug into its roots. However you become very worried seeing that Sonic is nowhere in sight. "Sonic?" you call in a panicked voice. Your head whips to and fro, eyes darting along the shadows of the forest, searching for any sign of the blue hedgehog. He should be right here... You sniff the air in a small radius to the tree, attempting to find Sonic's scent. The light breeze blows a trail into your nose, but you can't tell if the scent is old or new. Maybe it is both; the trails are becoming mixed together. Raising your voice even more, you holler out Sonic's name into the silent forest.

        "Over here!"

        Your ears perk at the distant call, and you instantly begin to relax. Rushing toward the direction of the voice you eventually come upon the hedgehog who is kneeling in the grass, peering closely at something on the ground. His emerald eyes look up from the floor and his face stretches into a joking smile.

        "We should probably think about getting you a radio!" With a light hop he is back on his feet, patting your back from the scare he had given you. Sonic brings a hand to his watch and presses the communication button. "Hey Tails, while you're at the workshop can you bring another radio? I think it would be best that (Y/n) has a way to keep in touch." An agreeing reply comes through the white-noise before Sonic releases the button. "That solves that!" He aims a large grin your way as you nod in thanks. A few moments later Tails' voice speaks through the radio again, telling that he is on his way with the Hurricane.

        "While Tails is getting here, why don't I show you what I've found so far?" Sonic asks excitedly. Without waiting for a reply he snatches your arm and pulls you down to the ground where he had been crouching earlier. He points a white gloved hand, "See that? It's a metal scrap!" You look at him, confused. What does this have to do with anything? Sonic plants his palm into his face, clearly seeing that you did not understand. "If there's metal then it must have come from a robot...and most robots come from Doctor Eggman, soooo..."