The Abyss

[Dream]

        You are floating in an abyss. The air seems quite visible with swirls of (f/c) mixed in with the black flow around your body. There is no ground underneath your feet, and you don't want to look down. A pitter-patter vibrates within your ears. Vertigo begins to take hold of your sight.

        Close your eyes.

        Behind your eyelids a reflection of yourself appears. Well, almost yourself. You can't help but gasp in fear at the sight of the deformed (y/c) (y/a) shimmering in the blackness. Take me out of here! you beg yourself. Just let me wake up! You can't stand the sight of yourself, however you are unable to look away from the image of the (y/a). You utter a silent growl but no sound seems to be heard within this abyss. Fright grows along with the coming of strange dream effects. Your reflection is moving by itself. The girl seems to be dancing to a soundless tune. She flows in and out of your vision, blending with and coming back from the dark background.

        A few moments pass and you realize that you can now move your head. Looking down you see hard, black flooring beneath your feet. The darkness seems to have solidified, allowing you freedom to roam. The first thing you do is run away from the disturbing image of the (y/a) dancing in the dark. Already your breaths are coming in quick pants. Why do you suddenly feel as if you had been running for months? Maybe you have been. Your heart can't seem to allow itself to calm down on this roller coaster of emotions.

        "My baby!" you hear a shout from within the (f/c) swirling abyss. It booms through your mind. It is everywhere. "...missed you so much!" Blurry shapes venture into your peripheral vision. Turning your head you see Mama and Papa standing before you with their arms held open.

        "Please come home, (Y/n)," your father begs, shiny white rivers flowing from both eyes. You nod, tears beginning to form in your own eyes as well. Joy fills you as you race to your parents' outstretched arms. They have come to take you away from this isolated hell! Arms surround you as you are brought into an enormous embrace. The smell of your parents reminds you of home back in Aldenwise City. Bring me home, you wish to say. No words are able to be spoken through this touching moment.

        "I've got you, and there is no way I'm letting go," a quiet, raspy voice whispers in your ear, and you feel yourself being tightly squeezed.

        Papa I can't breathe!

        You say it in your mind, but you know that your father would be able to hear. The force doesn't lessen. A silent cough forces itself out of your chest as you heave for a breath of air. The warmness of your parents seems to disappear. Now all you feel are two cold hands crushing your body. You aren't able to look up, your head is buried in soft white fur, being smothered as well as squeezed. A strange feeling begins to overcome you. White sparks light up your vision. You feel as if you are back in the abyss, floating above nothing.

        The pressure in your chest lessens. Now you are falling, falling into the endless darkness that has reappeared. You hold your hands out, trying anything you can to stop from plummeting. Looking up, you see the figure of a black and red hedgehog staring down at you. His crimson eyes reflect humor as he watches you fall further and further.

      "I guess I let go," he rasps with an unpleasant smirk and a careless shrug. He turns away, disappearing from view as the last sound you hear is a boy's high-pitched laugh. Then you continue to fall deeper into the void.