Sweet Savior

It's midday. You have been floating in the ocean for a few hours now, your energy slowly depleting. During that time you had screamed your lungs out, begging for help from those who are unable to hear. After all that, your throat is now entirely raw and your muscles are too weak to hold onto the plank of driftwood for much longer. Soon your arms will give out and your body will sink to the ocean floor, most likely to be devoured by crustaceans and fish. Your fur is sopping wet, the waves already tugging at you to meet an early death. Tears drip down your face and you cry out one last time, however, you can barely manage a croak. Things are not looking too well.

        You sadly look down into the rippling water, wishing that you hadn't set out to sea by yourself. How are Sonic and Tails going to know where I am? you wonder. Sniffing, your (e/c) eyes suddenly open wide as you spot dark movements beneath the surface of the water. Your heart beats quickly, assuming that the dark shapes are carnivorous sea creatures about to prey on you. A few minutes pass though, and you have not yet been attacked. Eventually the warm rays of the sun beating on your back mixed with the lulling rock of the ocean waves cause you to drift into an exhausted slumber.

        Flap! Flap flap!

        You slowly open your eyes, gazing around in confusion at the noise that had awoken you. The repetitive flapping doesn't seem to cease, plus it sounds as if it is growing nearer.

        "What is this!?"

        Ears perking at the unexpected voice, you dully glance up at the sky and see a shadow hovering directly in front of the now-setting sun. Squinting a little, you see that this being is a white bat with dark leggings, white gloves and boots, and has a large pink heart on its chest.

        "My word!" a smooth, feminine voice exclaims. "Oh please, dear, be alive!"

        You hear the woman swoop down and see her heart-tipped boots hovering a foot from your face. Thank...Chaos. You praise all the good forces of the world for giving you another chance at life. Weakly lifting your head you croak out, "H-Help..." The bat looks down at you with a worried, but calm expression.

        "Of course I'll help, honey!" she soothingly states. "Now you just hang in there and let me do everything."

        Closing your eyes, you sigh in relief as you feel arms wrap themselves around your waist. You are gently lifted from the ocean and brought into the cooling air, slightly shivering at the strong breeze as the bat flaps away. You and the bat woman fly across the ocean for what feels like an hour. During the journey you listen to the lady chat in a soothing voice, keeping you calm from the stressful events.

        "Girl, you must be one lucky little (y/a). If I didn't enjoy the view of the ocean so much...well, I don't know what could have happened to you." She says it in a joking manner, but you make no response. The main reason being that you are barely able to talk from screaming your throat raw.

        Soon the sparkling white sand of the shoreline arrives into view and you hear the bat murmur approvingly. Once over land you are carefully set down and the bat lands beside you. "There now, hon. I'm sure you won't be swimming anytime soon," she says with a smile. You shake your head in agreement before shivering. Quickly you shake your damp fur like a dog, only a few drops of water flinging off. "Heeyyy!" The bat cries in disapproval and shields her face with a gloved hand. When you are done drying off you aim a closed-mouth smile of thanks toward the woman. She grins and rubs your shoulder reassuringly. "What? You really thought I would leave someone so adorable for the fishies? You're too cute!" A slight dusting of pink glows on your cheeks from this comment, and you look away from the doting bat.