Freedom!

You gaze sadly at the two depressed boys with their heads in their hands, who are crouching over the dining table. Tails looks the worst of the two; small tear drops splash onto the table, and he doesn't bother to wipe them away. Amy, however, seems oblivious to their sadness. The moment you had walked in the door she had started chatting about all the items bought at the mall, especially emphasizing on the new dress you had gotten. Sonic and Tails don't seem to be paying much attention.

        "Sonic, Tails? Are you alright?" you quietly ask while Amy is pausing for breath.

        Sonic slowly lifts his head and puts on a shaky smile, although you can see that his eyes are quite dull. He quietly explains that when he and Tails had arrived to the house, everything was completely destroyed. The Tornado was majorly damaged to where an entirely new body and engine would have to be built. Sonic mutters this with a sad glance at Tails, who heaves a great, choking sigh.

        "And what makes this even worse," Sonic growls, "is that the Chaos Emeralds are gone as well."

        You hear a dramatic gasp beside you and see Amy with her hands to her face. You ignore her as you get lost in your own thoughts. Had Eggman returned for the emeralds? Was that the real reason for why he destroyed Sonic and Tails' house?! With narrowed eyes you shake your head and mumble a curse to the deranged scientist. Tails sighs once again and lays his chin on the table, while Sonic gently ruffles his orange fur.

        "Well (Y/n)," Sonic says with a slight smile, wanting to change the subject, "did you enjoy your time with The Ames? Heard you got a dress?" A tiny spark of panic lights in your chest and you wildly whip your head between Sonic and Amy.

        "Uh—Uhh...wh-what dress?" you lie while avoiding eye-contact with the boy. You really would rather Sonic not know about the girly article of clothing within your shopping bag.

        Sonic smirks. "Hehe. Knew that Amy would force ya to get a dress. You don't seem like the formal type." You are almost knocked down as Amy angrily huffs and leans in front of Sonic with her forearms on the table.

        "Not all dresses have to be formal, Sonic! They can be used for cute parties too!" The blue hedgehog rubs under his nose and shrugs, aiming a cheeky wink at you. Amy notices this and her face visibly grows tight with a forced smile. "Maybe it's time she should be off to Cream's," she blatantly states. Without waiting for a response, "Come on (Y/n), hop in the car! I'll put the dress in the back seat."

        Oh no! I can't go back in there again...she might kill both of us! You frantically shake your head at the girl, eyes wide in distress.

        "Hey, uh...Amy?" Sonic butts in after witnessing your despair. "Me an' (Y/n) can probably run to Cream's house. I'll show her the way!" You agree with a relieved expression set on your face, receiving a thumbs up from Sonic.

        "Huh! Fine," Amy huffs and folds her arms. She eyes you with complete suspicion as you grab the handle of your shopping bag and are dragged out of the house by the blue hedgehog.

        Sonic laughs at your stunned expression once the front door is shut tight. "Whew, that was a close one... Am I right?" You roll your eyes and heft the shopping bag above your waist, ready to take off in a run. "Do you need some help with that?" Sonic asks, already reaching for the bag.

        You jerk it away and reply, "No."

        Sonic puts his hands up in a defensive manner, a humorous smile playing on his lips. "Well then, let's be off now, shall we? Stick close, you speedy (y/a)." With that the hedgehog immediately becomes a blue blur with you trailing right behind.