The Deal

"Why can't I be allowed to forget about the past?" a whimper leaves your throat as you race deeper and deeper through the thick-growing trees. "The future is so much brighter..."

        Not long afterward, your pace starts to slow down. You have no idea where to go. All you can feel is the need to break down and cry. Nobody's around, maybe I'll do just that. (E/c) eyes dull and emotionless, you slip down to the roots of a tree and sit there, waiting for the tears to come. But they don't. Only an intense sadness wells within your chest, unable to be let out. Where do I go now? you wonder, eyes squeezed tightly shut. They'll surely visit Sonic since he had lied as well. I hope he doesn't get into trouble because of me. For a while you lie there beneath the tree, listening as its leaves rustle in the breeze. Everything is changing so quickly, you can hardly keep up. No matter what, I will not go back.

        Eventually, you rise from your silent grieving at the sound of a familiar rumbling in your belly. Since the Chaotix had eaten your lunch, you are starving. Sadly, you remember back to a couple months ago, when you had been living day and night in the wilderness. Food was quite hard to come by, and whenever you did find something to eat, most of the time it wasn't very nutritious. 

        Okay, I've been in this situation before, you tell yourself. There may be a few berry bushes around. And if there aren't, I can always eat bark. Ugh, for once it does not feel good to be back in the forest. With a concentrated frown, you perk your ears and flare your nostrils, amplifying your senses to the greatest of their ability. Then you sneak among the trees, searching for any sign of something edible. You hardly notice the single tear that slips from the corner of your eye.

        The next few days are spent avoiding search parties and helicopters. You must keep moving, otherwise, you will be caught. Luckily with your keen hearing, nobody has been able to get close enough to snatch you. However, there were just a few times when you had almost been caught in the middle of a search party as they scattered throughout the forest. Right now you are hidden within a cluster of thick bushes, watching as mobian police scan the area many meters away.

        "(Y/n)! (Y/n) the (Y/a)!" they keep calling out. If keeping unseen wasn't essential, you would cover your ears and scream out in anguish. "She's not here. We need to keep moving," a policeman speaks into his walkie-talkie. "Check out the friend's house again. Maybe the girl went back." How wrong they are. You drop to the ground as the group passes by, heavy footsteps displaying their downtrodden feelings. They seem to be so defeated, they don't even bother to detect the flash of (y/c) fur poking out from the bushes.

        Once the Mobian men and women have gone, you crawl to your feet and stand in the open, gazing in the direction where they had left. Time to move on, you sigh. Noiselessly you turn away and continue to travel into the wilderness. A small part of you recognizes this path through the forest, but you disregard it since the memory seems so distant. The longer you follow the path, the more the memory tries to appear. This persists for quite some time until the sight of lush, green, rolling hills catches your attention. It's the Emerald Hill Zone! A new energy rushes to your toes and you race off toward the beautiful land. Upon reaching the open plains you stop as you see something blue and spiky lying in the grass. Waiting just for you.

        "Sonic."

        The blue speedster rises gracefully to his feet, his emerald eyes wide and alert at your presence. He begins to take a step forward, then he stops and rests his foot back in the grass. The two of you stare silently, neither knowing what to say to the other. Until a smile crawls onto the hedgehog's lips. Without speaking he dashes before you with his arms held wide open, enclosing them over your petite (y/a) body.