Construction

"Are you sure you want your house to be (f/c)?"

        You nod at the little fox's question with enthusiasm. Why wouldn't I want my home to be my favorite color? Tails mumbles under his breath and you watch him wander away with some blueprints in hand. Almost everyone you know is here at this beach, helping to build from scratch. Sonic and Tails of course, even Amy and Knuckles. The only friends not present are Vanilla and Cream. But that's for an obvious reason since Cream wouldn't be able to put together a house... You silently chuckle at the image of the little rabbit girl wearing an oversized helmet, attempting to lift a heavy drill. The thought dissipates when you are interrupted by an angry yell. Turning around you see a red echidna waving his fist at the retreating figure of Sonic.

        You had been a bit hesitant for the angry male to help out, since the two of you hadn't even spoken a word to each other. However, Sonic insisted that the echidna come help. Apparently he is very strong and would be very useful in the house-building process. You can believe it. Knuckles had already helped a bunch by knocking down the (f/c)-colored trees in the nearest forest.

        You are glad that the echidna is here. Since Shadow is 'out of the way,' Knuckles now has the time to do as he pleases. After hiding the Master Emerald somewhere on his island, he had decided to come here and make up for scaring you the very first time you both had met. So far you find that Knuckles really is not a bad guy, he can actually be quite amusing when in a good mood. You also enjoy listening to Sonic tease the red Mobian to where the latter becomes irritated enough to chase your friend around...all in good sport, of course!

        At the moment everyone is building the foundation of the home, so it won't collapse into the beach. It had taken a couple hours for one of Tails' inventions to dig up the soft sand, creating a rectangular hole deep enough to reach the damp dirt beneath. A laborious half-hour later, a (f/c)-wooded frame is set within the hole, keeping the dirt walls from crashing down. Luckily you and Sonic have super speed; this house can be finished in no time!

        "Hey, (Y/n)!" You look up at the pink hedgehog perched along the sandy wall outlining the deep hole you are in. "Let's go to the hardware store and get some windows and doors!" With a nod you crouch low and jump, tightly clasping onto the sandy ledge so you won't fall. Then you pull yourself to the surface with a grunt, standing up to shake the white grains from your (y/c) fur. Amy grins with sparkling emerald eyes. She grips your arm and forcefully tugs you toward the Hurricane.

        "TAILS!" she screams, causing you to wince in pain. "(Y/n) and I are going to take the Hurricane to town! We'll be back in a couple hours!"

        Not waiting for an answer, the pink girl throws you into a seat and instantly starts the engine. A squeak of panic leaves your mouth as you hustle to buckle your seatbelt before the jet takes off. Terrible, TERRIBLE driver! The scream reverberates inside your mind. Amy didn't even buckle her own seatbelt!

        Two hours later you return to the beach from the local hardware store. Amy and you had stuffed as many windows and doors into the Hurricane's storage compartment as possible. Your teeth are clenching from the thought of all the money you will have to owe everyone. You plant a palm into your face and sigh. The top of the Hurricane lifts off and you leap from your seat to the crunchy sand. A strange whirring sound causes you to freeze, (e/c) eyes darting around. Soon the door to the storage compartment slides open, spilling the white windows and doors to the ground.

        "Aw shoot!" Amy cries from the pilot seat.

        Shaking your head you wave at Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles for some help. While doing so, you stop and share in astonishment. Somehow you hadn't noticed how far the house had been built. Most of the walls are put up already! A smile stretches your lips as you gaze at the beautiful, (f/c) structure. The three boys rush past you, pride etched into their faces as they observe your overjoyed expression.