Chili dog Terror

Sonic slowly approaches with a large chili dog held in his grasp. "Now now (Y/n), you are going to eat this chili dog and you are going to like it."

        Sighing, you say in a bored voice, "Sonic, I already told you I don't like them." 

        The hedgehog's gloved hands swiftly cover his ears. "Don't wanna hear it. I don't wanna hear it! Ahh!" He tears his hands away, leaving a large smear of chili on his head. Sonic looks down at the food and then looks to you. "You're still gonna eat this," he states. What?! Gross! Before you can leave your seat, Sonic has already appeared beside you. In a quick motion he thrusts the chili dog toward your face, but luckily you keep your mouth closed. "Just try it, (Y/n)! It's the best thing you will ever taste!" He places a hand on your face and attempts to force your mouth open, while at the same time squashing the chili dog on you.

        Finally, you've had just about enough of this. Tearing away Sonic's hand, you leap over the island counter and race out the room. From behind you can hear the hedgehog shouting a threat to "stuff a thousand chili dogs into that picky stomach." Your (e/c) widen in fear. In the grand entrance, you spot the long, fancy staircase leading upstairs. Seeing nowhere else to go, and with Sonic following right behind, you sprint up the stairs as quickly as possible. Luckily, Sonic isn't able to go as fast unless he wants to lose hold of his beloved chili dog. 

        Turning to the left you race down a hallway. There are three rooms this way, and although you had toured around to get to know the place better, you still have no idea which bedroom belongs to who. Sonic and Tails haven't told you yet. Thinking quickly you open the very last door at the end of the hall and swiftly, but quietly, close it. Within a second the door is locked and you search around the bedroom for a place to hide, just in case Sonic somehow has the keys to get inside. You choose to hide in the closet.

        "(Y/n) the (Y/a)...come ouuuttt..." a slow, creepy voice echoes down the hall. Well isn't this the best sleepover yet? you grimly think.

        Soft footsteps gradually travel down the hall, coming closer to the bedroom that you are in. Sonic seems to be dragging out the time as much as possible, making the air tense with the suspense. You can hear him only a few feet away from the door. With a tiny squeak of fear, you press yourself further inside the closet, crouching down and huddling in the far corner. The sound of the doorknob jiggling causes you to freeze. Right after that, you hear a muffled shout from further down the hall. The jiggling stops and you listen closely as two voices converse with each other outside the room. Eventually, you hear Sonic whine in complaint and begin to mutter a few unhappy words. Soon a pair of footsteps lead away, and a door slams.

        "It's safe to come out," you hear a whisper from outside the door. "Sonic's gone to bed." Cautiously you leave the safety of the closet and unlock the bedroom door. It opens to reveal the little orange fox. "Hey," Tails waves. You nod to him and he lets out a small laugh. "Sonic is really serious about his chili dogs, as you can obviously see. I didn't know he would go this far, though..." He trails off, an excited look jumping to his face. "Would you like to make a pillow fort? We can finish that movie as well and sleep in the living room!"

        That sounds like a good idea! After nodding in agreement the fox rushes into the room, which apparently must be his, and pulls the blankets and pillows off the large bed. Tails carries everything with him down the stairs while you leisurely follow. If Sonic wasn't obsessed with forcing a chili dog down your throat a minute ago, you would ask him to join the pillow fort party. You stare at his bedroom door for a few moments, and then follow the long blankets sliding down the stairs.

        Entering the living room you see a pile of blankets and pillows dumped in front of the couch. Tails waves you over, switches off all the lights, and turns on the TV screen. The horror movie that you had been watching earlier is paused on a slightly intimidating-looking monster. What? When was there a monster? During the movie, you hadn't really been paying attention, since you had been too distracted by Sonic's chatter throughout.

        "We can rewind until you see a part you remember," Tails suggests.

        "Alright, thanks, Tails," you reply and tug a blanket from the pile.

        The boy rewinds the movie back about twenty minutes until you tell him to stop, then it is started. Using the light of the TV screen, the two of you create your pillow forts and settle down for the "horrifying" scares. Needless to say, you both fall asleep during that movie.

        Once morning arrives, you wake up to the sensation of pillows and blankets collapsed on you. A shrill yawn escapes your mouth and you swallow some spit, grimacing at the morning breath flavor. You feel something squirm in your arms. Snapping your (e/c) eyes open, you see a lump of orange and white fur in your grasp. Oh my god! Your face heats up, changing from (y/c)­ to a deep red. Tails is facing you with his eyes still closed. That's lucky. Somehow the fox managed not to smell your morning breath. 

        Carefully you slide your arms away from the soft figure, coming to the conclusion that you must have been hugging him like a toy all night. You are stopped as you attempt to pull away though, as Tails' arms are wrapped around you as well. Holding your breath you grab his top arm and pry it away, setting it down on a pillow. Now you are able to roll free from the sleep-hug. As you crawl away you believe this to be the most awkward moment that you have ever lived. You had been cuddling with a boy. It's alright when Amy gives out her death hugs, but cuddling a boy? While asleep? Tossing the memory from your mind, you can hear Tails beginning to wake up.

        "Muuhhh...good morning," he groans sleepily.

        "Morning," you mumble. 

        Tails gets up from the collapsed pillow fort and shakes himself awake. He stretches. "Ahh. So, (Y/n), what would you like for breakfast?" He already seems fully conscious and ready to get the day started.

        "Hmm," you muse. "Well, I'm wondering if I could actually make breakfast. With your help of course. I'm not such a good cook." 

        Tails vigorously nods his head. "Sounds like a great idea! I'd be glad to teach you a few culinary skills." Taking your hand, the fox leads you into the kitchen for your first, "professional," lesson.