Interrogation

Shadow apparently has decided to make himself at home here. He returned once night arrived, only to shut himself in the guest room. You won't question it just yet—who knows how he'd react? It would make you feel terrible about throwing him out in the recently stormy weather, anyway. You just hope that nobody will pay an unexpected visit and find out about him.

        Feeling the effects of fatigue lingering, you get up from your comfy spot on the couch to sneak into the bedroom. "Pretend as if I am not present," Shadow had told you the night before. Somehow, you find that impossible, especially since everything seems so much more frightening in the dark. There's always the chance he'll attack me, you consider with a nervous flick of the eyes. He may have brought you...drugs...for the pain in your stomach, but that doesn't mean he can turn at any given moment. 

        Gritting your teeth at these thoughts, you bring the bedroom door shut and lock it tight. Never too careful. You turn off the light and leap into bed, anticipating a soundless slumber. Much to your pleasure, your consciousness goes out in an instant. You sleep throughout the night, only waking once to a sharp tapping on the window. Finding nothing outside, and hearing no other sound, you return to a dreamless state.

        Morning brings with it a dim light seeping to the far corners of the room. Lazily opening (e/c) eyes and yawning, you then stagger into the master bathroom to tame your ruffled fur and be somewhat presentable to your guest. With a fine comb, you work out the tangles from your fur and use a few drops of water to slick back the fuzz. Once all set, you let out a long sigh and step out into the hallway. You sneak on tiptoes to the kitchen, seeing that the guest room is closed. You assume that the hedgehog is asleep. When you reach the kitchen you come to a halt. 

        Shadow is sitting at the dining table, a tall glass of a discolored liquid and ice cubes floating within arm's reach. And now he's helping himself to my food! you panic. Ears bent back, you cautiously approach the black and red striped hedgehog. He scrutinizes with an unwavering glare.

        "A-Are you going to kick me out...of my house?" a tiny voice leaves you. Shadow closes his eyes and snorts, before taking a drawn-out sip from his drink.

        "No," he bluntly replies once setting the glass down.

        A sudden knock causes you to jump up in surprise. Crap! Visitors, now? With a panicked glance at Shadow, you then zip to the living room window and crane your neck to see who has arrived. All you can see is something large, green, and scaly blocking your view. Shadow can't be seen! screams your mind. Breath hitching a little, you rush back into the dining room.

        "Shadow! Uh—" The room is empty. Only the strange colored drink lies on the table. He must have gone out the back door. There's another resonating knock. With a flinch, you dash to the front door and pull it open. Greeting you with a wave is Sonic the Hedgehog and behind him are three others: a green crocodile, a purple chameleon, and a young bee.

        "How ya doin,' (y/a)?" your friend says with a grin. "Sorry to come without calling first, but I bumped into a few friends who wanted to meet ya!" He steps through the doorway and leans into your ear to whisper, "Okay, I might've told 'em that you used to live in Aldenwise City. They're on the case of searching for a (Y/n) the (Y/a) and are looking for any clues. I told them your name is Rosemary. Don't ask. I was dragged into an herbal shop with Amy. Anyway, try not to give anything away or they might take you back." 

        Sonic pulls away with a chuckle as if he had just shared a joke. Catching onto his ploy you let out a weak laugh as well. Your gaze then drifts to the company waiting patiently at the entrance. They appear to have not heard the hedgehog's frantic whisper. Sweeping your hand to the side, you welcome them inside.